NatWest Contact Centre Apprenticeship - Liverpool
NatWest Contact Centre Apprenticeship - Liverpool
LTSB is a social mobility charity dedicated to helping young people into the world of work through our employability programmes. We work with major firms across the UK in a range of sectors including Business & Finance, Digital Technology, Customer Service & Law.
LTSB has partnered with NatWest Group because we’re looking for young people who are passionate about customer service to join Contact Centre apprenticeship opportunities with the bank through 2022.
Here’s how it works.
Led by our experienced Careers Development Managers, you will undergo a tailored 2-week Programme (Full time excluding weekends) that will help your professional development and prepare you for your interview with NatWest for a Customer Service Apprenticeship in their Contact Centres. The workshops we run range from exclusive interview coaching to CV workshops, critical thinking, communications, debating and presentation skills. We also include insight events and Q&A sessions with NatWest staff members and previous LTSB Alumni.
Once you have completed our 2-week programme you will be invited in week 3 to 2 days' work insight into the NatWest Contact Centre. Here you will find out more about the role and experience firsthand what it's like to work for NatWest.
Successful completion of the programme guarantees you an interview with NatWest for a Customer Service Apprenticeship. Once in the role you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, earn a competitive salary, and be supported professionally through the programme.
- Free two-week Programme delivered by LTSB
- Interaction with NatWest Group staff during the bootcamp to give you an insight into the role and the culture of the bank
- 2-day work insight at the contact centre in the location to which you’re applying – including an allowance for travel and lunch
- An interview for the Contact Centre apprenticeship and permanent role
On the apprenticeship you’ll study to gain a qualification while putting new skills to use in work, earning a competitive salary, and being supported professionally through the programme.
Salary for successful candidates:
- : £20,000
Locations, Dates & Deadlines
Roles are available in the following locations.
- LTSB Programme Start Date – 9th May & 5th September 2022
- Role start date – Early April & Early October
- Financial Services Customer Advisor apprenticeship (Level 2)
About the Contact Centre Roles
You’ll be the first point of support for NatWest Group’s personal banking customers in one of the bank’s telephony banking teams. The bank will look to you to deliver excellent service to its customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times. You’ll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them. In this role you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping customers identify products and services that are right for them, you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls. You’ll need to be flexible and work a rotating shift pattern. Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Sunday. You’ll be required to work 2 in 3 weekends and bank holiday working is a feature of this role.
NatWest Group will discuss your hours in more detail during the interview stage.
We are looking for young people aged 16– 24 who are passionate about building a career in customer experience in the Contact Centre telephony at NatWest Group.
- Age Range: 16-24 years old
- Educated at a state school
- No previous experience required
- Interest in Customer Service
- No minimum academic criteria (Maths and English GCSE in England and Northern Ireland, or National 5 qualifications in Scotland would be an advantage)
- You may have been entitled to Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at some point in your education (English schools)
We are looking for young people with a passion for learning and helping customers have the best experience. Dedication and passion for helping customers is vital. You’ll be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The determination to go the extra mile for customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- Great listening skills to understand the needs of the customer, along with the ability to empathise with your customer’s situation and remain calm under pressure
- The ability to handle large volumes of calls and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- The determination to take ownership of your career, learning and developing new skills
The apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background. It’s a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apprenticeship opportunities are designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in the role. There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You won’t be able to join the programme if you have the same or equivalent qualification. This may include a related apprenticeship, a university degree or a role in which you may have developed similar skills.
We’ll carry out an eligibility check as part of the application process
Who we are and what we do?
Our ambition is to lead the way in customer service, trust and advocacy – Our brands are some of the best-known names in our industry – The Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest, Coutts, Adam & Company, Ulster Bank, Lombard and many more.
We serve over 19 million customers and all their banking needs. Our headquarters are in Edinburgh and we also have offices in Manchester, Birmingham, London and Bristol as well as in many other communities right across the UK.
Our apprenticeships give driven, motivated and talented people the chance to join us and really make a difference, even if you don’t have any experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
- To apply for the LTSB programme please follow these simple steps:
- Click the link to complete our application form. This will ask you certain questions about which location you’re applying for, your skills and your background to check your eligibility.
- If eligible for our programme can expect to receive an email inviting you to a phone interview with one of the LTSB Team. This will be to find out a little more about you and why you are interested in joining our Programme
- If successful in interview you will then be invited to an online assessment centre with other young people applying for the programme.
- Successful candidates will be offered a place on the Bootcamp!