Salary: £16,500 (£18,000 for London)
For ambitious school and college leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career. If you're looking to make the most of your ambition and personality, then a sales career at Softcat could be perfect for you. Our team is over 500 people strong across our UK and Ireland offices and we continue to grow, embracing new international markets and opportunities.
Success. The Softcat Way.
If you have the ambition, motivation and you're keen to learn about new technologies, the Softcat culture here will bring out the best in you. You're encouraged to take responsibility for driving your own career progression. Ultimately the more you put in, the more you'll get out; great performance is always recognised and rewarded. We call it success, the Softcat way.
Our Sales Apprenticeship Programme is designed to equip you with everything you need to become a successful salesperson. The programmes will build and accelerate your confidence while supporting you on your journey to completing your qualification and becoming an executive.
We offer three Sales apprenticeship roles: Sales Apprentice, Sales Support Apprentice & Specialist Sales Apprentice. During the application process we will provide more detail on what these roles are and recommend the best area for you based on your skills and qualities.
Key responsibilities in all roles include
- Growing customer relationships, and expanding Softcat's portfolio with these customers
- Working towards your KPI's through developing industry understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing effective support to your customers technology strategy, implementation, and future requirements
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
What we need from you
- Driven with a strong sense of initiative – you like to get things done
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Organised with good communication and administrative skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team to achieve results
- Open to learning new things
- Entry Requirements: A minimum of GCSE English & Maths (Level 4/Grade C and above)
About The Apprenticeship Scheme
Our awarding winning apprenticeship scheme equips you with the skills, knowledge, and expertise to succeed in your chosen business area.
As an apprentice your time will be split between 80% work experience and 20% off-the-job training with the support of our dedicated training provider.
This is a fantastic opportunity for school leavers looking to kick start their career.
- Qualification: Level 3 IT Technical Salesperson
- Duration: 18 months
- Start Date: 22nd August 2022
- Salary: £16,500 (£18,000 for London)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We’re incredibly proud that our apprentice programme has been voted the UK’s #1 by ‘RateMyApprenticeship’. It’s recognition that for ambitious school leavers, a Softcat Apprenticeship is a great first step into the world of work. You earn, learn and gain qualifications while starting out on a structured career. Our award-winning scheme has set many Softcatters on the path to success.
We are one of the UK’s leading providers of technology solutions and services to Corporate and Public Sector organisations. We help them to use technology to solve their business challenges, by putting our employees first. We are a trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe, reselling their products and services in the form of tailored solutions into the business market.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.