Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Two billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products every day including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx and you’ll find our products in the kitchens and bathrooms in 9 out of 10 UK homes (go on, have a look!).
At Unilever, we give you the skills and support you need to unlock a bright future that’s full of opportunities and new experiences. We offer different apprenticeships to take your career in exciting directions in Business, Technology, Science, Supply Chain and Engineering. Our apprentices receive lots of hands-on training and guidance from experienced professionals and are given real responsibility from the start.
Our apprentices bring fresh ideas and deliver innovative ways to meet the everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Network Engineer Higher Apprenticeship
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Unilever IT apprentices support our IT teams across the UK who develop and deliver our business technology software, systems, equipment and services as well as providing real time technical support and guidance to people all across our diverse organisation.
The Unilever Network Engineer Apprenticeship programme develops the higher level skills and knowledge required to create confident and capable digital and technology professionals. As an apprentice on the programme, you’ll gain valuable work experience, on-the-job training AND earn a salary – plus students do not have to pay any tuition fees.
The programme will include a core focus on network principles, network systems and architecture and network security. As your apprenticeship progresses you will embark on at least four real work projects, enabling you to address the full range of competencies within planning, build and design, maintenance/testing/security and analytics/future technology solutions. Graduates from the programme will be competent to operate in a number of related digital roles including Network Technician, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator.
WHERE ARE THEY BASED?
Port Sunlight (Wirral)
WHO FITS THE BILL?
We look for apprentices who….
- Have at least five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above that include English Language and ideally either ICT or Science
- Have a minimum of two A Levels, a Level 3 Apprenticeship, or other equivalent qualification or experience
- Have a genuine interest in business IT and solving technical problems
- Can work as part of a team, so excellent communication skills and teamwork are essential, as are an ability to organise a varied workload
- Contribute their ideas and think for themselves
- Are up for a challenge, can use their own initiative to solve problems, and can demonstrate good attention to detail
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK
- Apprenticeship in Network Engineering Level 4. At the end of the programme, the apprentice has the option to register on the BCS Technician Register at SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) Level 3.
WHEN DOES IT START?
Entry is September 2017
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!