Infrastructure Technician Advanced Apprenticeship at Unilever
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Unilever
Do you want to kick-start your career in one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies? Two billion people in 190 countries buy and use our products every day including Persil, Dove, Magnum, Hellman’s, Marmite and Lynx and you’ll find our products in the kitchens and bathrooms in 9 out of 10 UK homes (go on, have a look!).
At Unilever, we give you the skills and support you need to unlock a bright future that’s full of opportunities and new experiences. We offer different apprenticeships to take your career in exciting directions in Business, Technology, Science, Supply Chain and Engineering. Our apprentices receive lots of hands-on training and guidance from experienced professionals and are given real responsibility from the start.
Our apprentices bring fresh ideas and deliver innovative ways to meet the everyday needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Infrastructure Technician Advanced Apprenticeship
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Unilever IT apprentices support our IT teams across the UK who develop and deliver our business technology software, systems, equipment and services as well as providing real time technical support and guidance to people all across our diverse organisation.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship programme develops employees who can implement hardware and software solutions, provide technical support and troubleshooting, cloud services, system security and service management. As an apprentice on the programme, you’ll gain valuable work experience, on-the-job training AND earn a salary – plus students do not have to pay any tuition fees.
The programme will include a focus on networking and architecture, mobile technology, coding and logic, Cloud services, and business processes. As a graduate from the programme you will provide support to Unilever staff, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and troubleshoot non routine problems, rectifying issues to maintain the Unilever’s productivity.
WHERE ARE THEY BASED?
WHO FITS THE BILL?
We look for apprentices who….
- Have at least five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above that include English Language, Maths and ideally either ICT or Science
- Have a Level 2 Apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications
- Have a genuine interest in business IT and solving technical problems
- Can work as part of a team, so excellent communication skills and teamwork are essential, as are an ability to organise a varied workload
- Contribute their ideas and think for themselves
- Are up for a challenge, can use their own initiative to solve problems, and can demonstrate good attention to detail
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK
- Apprenticeship for Infrastructure Technician Level 3. At the end of the programme, the apprentice has the option to register on the BCS Technician Register at SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) Level 3.
WHEN DOES IT START?
Entry is September 2017
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Awards for Unilever
Latests jobs from Unilever
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
Accountancy Higher Apprentice
Q1: Why did you start your career with Unilever? It’s a great company,...