Team Leader Apprenticeship - Manchester
Team Leader Apprenticeship - Manchester
The Front of House Leader Apprentice runs a Pret shop’s front of house area and leads the Front of House team. They are responsible for creating an efficient, welcoming, safe environment within which our staff can engage and wow our customers. Their performance is measured against the KPIs for their area and shop premiership, the Operating Review (including Health & Safety Audit) and their job description responsibilities.
Key focuses for the role are queue management, till issuing, shop cleanliness and merchandising & display. They motivate and support their team; they take pride in catching people doing things right.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To train team members to be polite, smart and attentive of customer needs at all times and go the extra mile.
- To manage the team to achieve consistently good mystery shopper performance.
- To use ‘coffee calling’ down the queue when busy and encourage the shop team to be lively and enthusiastic.
- To always have a designated person on till at low sales periods.
- To follow the ‘six key points of service’ on the shop floor and ensure the whole team is aware of these standards and what they mean.
- To continually strive to reduce the queues and eliminate them wherever possible.
- To manage and have overall responsibility for all cash handling, banking and safe procedures, always following Pret standards.
- To ensure every empty table is beautifully clean and ready for customers.
- To encourage the team to engage with customers wherever they can (offering them a free coffee refill, ask for feedback on their lunch, helping out wherever possible, bringing coffees to the table, helping with pushchairs, carrying trays).
- To maximise sales and customer experience by following the Pret Display Standards for all products, reordering marketing material as and when necessary to ensure immaculate presentation.
- To maintain an immaculately clean and safe shop by following an efficient cleaning rota.
- To manage product quality and product shelf life checks.
At Pret, you will be working towards the Hospitality Supervisor - Enhanced Level 3 Apprenticeship over 18 months.
Here’s some more information about the Apprenticeship and the perks:
will take on supervisory responsibilities in Pret, growing your leadership skills as well as confidence and knowledge of the business. You will complete a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship as well as have access to enhanced learning through Pret’s Training Academy and Experience Days
Years 2-3 onwards
You will have the opportunity to become a Pret Shop Manager, whilst completing a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Standard. You can then, if motivated and identified as accelerating talent, can complete up to a BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree at a recognised UK University, fully funded by Pret.
You can step on or off the programme annually, upon graduation. This means you can develop your career with Pret at your own pace. If you have the motivation and passion, there is opportunity to develop an excellent career in hospitality and management at Pret.
- Outstanding training and development (access to Level 2, 3, 4 and Degree level apprenticeship programmes, designed to support your career development from Team Member to Manager of your own Pret shop)
- Weekly pay and paid breaks
- Free lunch when working (and a 50% discount in Pret shops when you’re not)
- Support with travel expenses on public transport (after passing an initial 12 week probation)
- 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- Apprentice Extra card with student discount rates
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Pret pension scheme
- Regular team events and parties
- £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year, including Legendary parties!
You must have some experience supervising or leading a team in Hospitality. Must be trained as a Barista.
You must be over 18.
- Clear Talking
- Great Execution
- Realising Potential
- Leading Others
- Team Working
- Retail Savvy
At Pret our values are very important and so we recruit on behaviors instead of qualifications. There are no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required.
Ongoing training and development into a management role with Pret!
Training to be delivered
Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Maths and English Functional Skills
Grow your skills, confidence and career (and get paid!)
The Pret Apprenticeship offers in-depth training, career progression and qualifications. It's about building confidence, gaining life skills and being part of a team.
Starting out as a Team Member, the apprenticeship can take you all the way to a fully-funded BA Business Management Undergraduate degree. You'll be paid throughout and can step on and off the programme (allowing you to progress at your own pace). You'll also benefit from all the perks of belonging to Team Pret, such as free food, mystery shopper bonuses, weekly pay and travel support (not forgetting an Apprentice Extra student discount card).
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below to take you to Lifetime Training's opportunities. Just search for "Pret" with your postcode to find your nearest vacancies.