DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Gloucester
by MOTUS Commercials
DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace.
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
Training to be provided
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Skillnet.
When on a DAF Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for. You will also be assigned a dedicated Skills Coach who will contact you every 28 days at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths are preferable.
DAF provides an extensive, high quality and an award winning Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an Apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.
About MOTUS Commercials
DAF works according to the ‘Build to Order’ principle. This means that all vehicles are built to satisfy each customer’s individual wishes, but production only starts after the order is received from the customer. This is very important, because DAF builds tens of thousands of different vehicle versions which are all built to meet each customer’s individual specifications and transport requirements.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.