Engineer Apprenticeship at Stannah
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Stannah
“If you don’t take the first step, you will never start the journey. Investing in ideas, concepts, research and people is the life blood of our business. Invention and innovation are what drives me and all the engineering team, aiming for simple solutions that challenge what is achievable, keeping our eyes on the ball and being quick on our feet to understand customer needs and desires.” - Alan Stannah, Joint Chairman
We know a thing or two about apprenticeships too. They have always played a part in our business and a number of our directors started their careers as apprentices with us. With apprentices out in the field, at our manufacturing sites and in our engineering teams we have opportunities to nurture a wide range of talents from NVQ through to degree level.
Choosing to study for an apprenticeship with Stannah can be both an inspiring and rewarding way to start your career. As an apprentice, you can expect support to achieve your potential and know that no two days will be the same
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications ensuring they are able to carry out the role of technician competently and effectively within a pre-determined time frame
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Apprentice Engineer, to join our team at Stannah Stairlifts based in Andover.
Our Apprenticeship training programme is three to four years in duration depending on which level you come in on and includes both practical training and further education. As you progress through our Apprentice programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced engineers on site, whilst attending college/University on day release to achieve academic qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Engineering Department and throughout the business as appropriate.
- To be an active member of the engineering design team supporting the activities of the Design Engineers.
- Carry out such tasks and duties as directed by the Lead Engineer that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence
- Role dependant you will undertake any relevant training such as; C coding, electrical hardware design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), PCB design, processing architectures and embedded systems.
- Working towards a focused qualification in one of the four engineering disciplines; Software, Hardware, Mechanical & Test & Development
- Develop a working understanding of the underpinning principles of a structured engineering design process including requirements capture, design architectures, FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) and test plan development.
- Develop a working understanding in the principles of engineering design verification.
- Develop a wider understanding of the role Apprentice Engineer in the business and how we deliver to our internal customers.
- Opportunities to develop such skills e;g: soldering, prototyping PCB manufacture and wiring loom assembly.
- Development of communication and behavioural skills required in order to become an effective Engineer.
- Attendance at a local educational establishment on a day release basis leading to recognised qualification over a 4 - 6 year period (dependant on entry qualifications).
Depending on what level you come in at, the following applies:
- A minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade A* to C including English, Maths and a Science related subject
- A minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent, at Grade A* to C including Maths, English and a Science related subject
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering with minimum grades Distinction, Merit, Merit
- or A minimum of 3 A Levels, at least one or more in the following; Maths, Physics, Computing, Electronics with minimum grades A,B,B
- No prerequisite experience required but a demonstrable interest in engineering and problem solving through school or hobby interests
- IT literate and familiar with Microsoft "Word", "Excel" or equivalent software
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Highly motivated
- Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- The ability to work as a team member and posses good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
- To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines
- To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!