Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading asset management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
The M&G Apprenticeship Schemes
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its IT department.
Throughout the Apprenticeship you will work towards achieving the Level 3 Software and Web Development Apprenticeship, which will include relevant qualifications. You will also develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
Whilst this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the qualifications to roll off permanently into the team
IT Operations is looking for an Apprentice to join our Release Operations team.
This team is responsible for the release of change into the production environments. The team has three parts:
- Environments – Responsible for the provision of controlled environments for development teams to test changes. In addition, the team also owns the pre-production environment used to test deployments before production rollout. A highly knowledgeable team with full exposure to the workings of the overnight batch.
- Deployments - Responsible for, and ownership of, the mechanisms used to promote change into controlled environments. Highly skilled in automation and scripting. Responsible for the infrastructure used by development, insuring minimal disruption and continuous availability.
- Release – Aligned with a portfolio of business change and to shape and manage the pipeline of technology changes. To organise and co-ordinate the implementation of releases.
We are primarily looking for someone to join the Environments Team; however there will be opportunity to move around the Release Operations team as a whole.
- Coordinate Environment activities including Batches/Refreshes/Infrastructure patches
- Investigate and diagnose bugs across code, data and infrastructure
- Act as a consultant to key stakeholders (Testing/Development) on testing strategies
- Carry out automation scripting tasks.
- Project manage Environment enhancement tasks across internal service providers and M&G
- Manage relationships with portfolios to ensure clear delivery to controlled environments eg prebatch and refresh automation
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- 96 UCAS points (2017 tariff) – A Level CCC equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in an Information Technology environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted CCC at A Level (96 UCAS points); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We aim for the start date for this role to be after Summer exams (June/July), but if anyone is available immediately, we will consider an earlier start.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!