Apprentice Applied Researcher - Ipswich
Apprentice Applied Researcher
As an Apprentice Researcher, you’ll be working with our Research Teams, looking for trends in data and driving in-depth analysis. Our Research Teams are key for us as a business; they work in close partnerships with universities and other organisations to design and develop new technologies and solutions. So you’ll be right at the heart of exciting research and Technology development for BT.
- You’ll be extracting and manipulating key data points for things like mobile network technologies, platforms and other emerging technologies.
- Setting up and running experiments and tests and demonstrating to customers, colleagues, senior leaders and research figures the latest technology research from BT is all part of a days’ work.
- We’ll get you producing proof of concept prototypes, and interpreting data to aid research.
- You’ll be using a range of different forecasting techniques to identify and predict tends and patterns in data that will help deliver even better research into new technologies.
- You’ll be heavily involved in the analysis of data sets. Setting up and running experiments and tests, demonstrating to customers, colleagues, senior leaders and research figures from industry and academia the latest technology research from BT.
- You will be producing proof of concept prototypes and the analysis and interpretation of the data to aid research.
- You will have the opportunity to present your data analysis as part of the technology research to others being a part of world leading technology research teams.
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to know how to do all of this right away. We’ll teach you job specific skills, to help you develop a detailed understanding of mobile network technologies, platforms, and other emerging technologies to enable the extraction and manipulation of key data.
Our Apprentice Researcher are doing real work from day one, learning new skills and techniques to really build your careers. By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll be able to help the business make decisions through research and insights about new technologies that might end up changing daily life for everyone.
Training to be provided
As an Apprentice Researcher, you’ll study for a Level 6 apprenticeship called Digital & Technology Solutions Professional - Data Analyst. This is an apprenticeship degree course, meaning if you complete the course successfully, you’ll receive a degree from one of our partner universities.
- The degree course runs for four years and is a work-based learning degree.
- You’ll spend a minimum of 20% of your time learning and studying.
- BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You’ll need to achieve three A-Levels, with a minimum of AAB grades, with at least one STEM subject.
- You’ll also need four GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C-A* or above) including English and Maths.
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted.
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
BT is the world’s most established communications company, employing over 90,000 people across 180 countries, which offers a world of possibilities for all globally. We help people to communicate anywhere, at any time and with any technology they want.
Known as a major technology player who pioneers the digital advances that shape and drive the information age, BT help people create, collaborate and communicate better than ever before.
In the UK we are a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.