Applications & Development Software Specialist Apprentice - Chesterfield
Applications & Development Software Specialist Apprentice
IT Solutions is right at the heart of any organisation such as ours. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses. We need people with the technical know-how to help our customers, to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Duties will include:
- As an Applications & Development Specialist, you’ll support the successful development, implementation and maintenance of complete IT solutions such as servers and networks (fixed or mobile)
- You’ll be taught how to apply a professional methodology or framework to gather and analyse requirements; to design, develop, test, and implement IT solutions
- You’ll also learn how to provide ongoing support both directly to end users and for the underlying IT services
- By the time you’ve finished your apprenticeship, you’ll be able to provide technical expertise on IT Applications and Database. That means you’ll support our Technical Major Incident Process for our Enterprise Managed Service customers, working collaboratively with your team
- It won’t just be about the technical skills though; we’ll help you to develop so that you can work professionally and independently, taking responsibility and initiative as appropriate. You’ll also learn to work effectively with customers, clients and internal service users
Training to be provided
As an Applications & Development Specialist, you’ll study for a Level 4 apprenticeship, called Software Developer.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18 months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You’ll need to achieve two-A-Levels with a minimum of CC grades
- You’ll also need five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English Language & Maths.
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
BT is the world’s most established communications company, employing over 90,000 people across 180 countries, which offers a world of possibilities for all globally. We help people to communicate anywhere, at any time and with any technology they want.
Known as a major technology player who pioneers the digital advances that shape and drive the information age, BT help people create, collaborate and communicate better than ever before.
In the UK we are a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.