GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
Health and Safety Apprenticeship
If you have an interest in environmental protection, occupational health and safety at work, consider our Health and Safety apprenticeship programme.
Our Environment Health, Safety (EHS) business turns our mission inward to help employees ‘do more, feel better, live longer’. We work hard to build a healthy, resilient, high-performing workforce and this includes ensuring our workplace is the best and safest it can be for our employees and the environment. As a Health and Safety apprentice you will have the chance to be part of this mission through a series of projects and job rotations.
What does a Health and Safety apprenticeship involve?
You will gain a solid foundation and comprehensive understanding of environmental legislation, health and safety in the workplace, change control systems and risk analysis. As you grow in your knowledge you will become responsible for safety auditing and risk reduction projects.
The Health and Safety apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role might involve:
- Workplace assessments and advice to minimise risk.
- Planning and conducting audits/inspections and tracking actions to completion.
- Involvement in the investigation of incidents and supporting development of controls to prevent recurrence.
- Documentation of the EHS management system.
- Checking emerging legislation for relevance to EHS and support in maintaining legal registers.
- Reviewing lead and lag metrics used to monitor the EHS management system.
- Developing and delivering learning activities.
- Preparing, planning and delivering EHS awareness and promotional events.
- Provide support to sites and business units as part of a team.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
This higher apprenticeship programme offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognised qualifications while gaining valuable, paid work experience. As a Health and Safety apprentice you will work towards an NVQ Level 4 qualification in Health and Safety and GSK will also sponsor you to complete a NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, the first UK vocational qualification to be developed specifically for health and safety professionals.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Health and Safety apprenticeship programme, you'll need:
- A minimum of five GCSE grades or equivalent at grades A*-C or higher. Must include a Science subject and English language (not literature) at C or above plus Maths at B or above.
- Must also have/be predicted to achieve at leeast two A-Levels or equivalent at grade E or higher.
What our apprentices say about the Health and Safety apprenticeship...
“I’ve found GSK a great place to learn and work. It’s a really positive culture to make your first steps within the business.
“There are many people to look up to within the organisation that have been through a similar learning curve, and everyone is happy to support you and help you to get the most out of your time as a GSK apprentice. “
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2017.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!