Apprentice Test Technician at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
About Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
Do you want a career where you work on projects that push the boundaries of your creativity and technical capabilities? Where your passion can help to push the boundaries of science and technology on the Formula 1 race track and the road?
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the World Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid power units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. Our state of the art hybrid Power Unit powered the Silver Arrows to win the Formula 1 World Constructors Championships in 2014, 2015 and 2016. We are also proud to supply power units to the Sahara Force India, Williams Martini Racing and Manor F1 teams. As well as Formula 1 we also work on innovative and high end engineering projects for Mercedes road cars.
Apprentice Test Technician
As an Apprentice Test Technician you will learn to set-up, test and pass-off components, sub-assemblies and power units within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering and an HNC in Engineering (IMECHE accredited).
By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Set-up test facilities, for example dynamometers and rigs
- Run tests on components, sub-assemblies and complete power units
- Review test results to identify problems
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for testing processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- Starting Salary: £14, 000
- Competitive Bonus Schemes
- Company Car Scheme
- 36 days Annual Leave
- 10% Employer Contributed Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Cover
- A variety of other optional benefits
What development can you expect?
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and developing and supporting our apprentices with a tailored 3 year development plan. You’ll gain exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1 Powertrains by working in a variety of teams whilst being supported by our mentoring program.
What are we looking for?
- Curious, tenacious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment.
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2017) a Level 3 (QCF) engineering course. We are looking for good grades (typically merits or distinctions) in a BTEC or equivalent diploma.
- Please note, you must select your course code on during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form.
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above which must include Maths, English Language and Science
- You will need to have practical experience of working with internal combustion engines, including an understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- You will also need to demonstrate the following attributes: enthusiasm, communication skills, accountability, initiative, organisation, quality of work, innovation and team-work.
- People who are willing to go the extra mile to help the team succeed.
- Online application form and CV
- Hiring manager review
- Assessment Centres will commence February 2017
Remember when completing your application, think carefully about the relevant skills you can bring to the role from your academic career, work experience or extracurricular activities. We want to find out about you and what you are passionate about.
Use plain English and make sure you give full details of your modules, your input into all relevant projects and work experience. We will want to see what your strengths are, what you’ve done and how this fulfils what we are looking for.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.