Level 4 Software Engineer Apprenticeship
by The Walt Disney Company
Level 4 Software Engineer Apprenticeship
Start date: September 2022
Join Disney for a challenging and rewarding Apprenticeship!
During an Apprenticeship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders while you study towards your apprenticeship qualification. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About The Apprenticeship
The Walt Disney Company has been at the forefront of family entertainment for more than 75 years, touching the hearts of old, young and generations to come. As a Software Engineering Apprentice for the Enterprise Technology International Engineering Team, you will help the organisation as it aims to analyse, develop, manage and migrate vital systems in the Corporate Business Systems & Application portfolio. Along this journey, you will be introduced to a number of technologies, development practices and technical processes.
- Must be on target to achieve / have already achieved 2 C’s or above at A-Level or BTEC (2 year extended BTEC)
- One of these A-Levels at C grade or above must be in a STEM subject – Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths
- Must have achieved 5 grades 4 - 9 at GCSE (C or above) including Maths and English
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Must be available to start the apprenticeship in September 2022
What are we looking for
- Potential - this is an Apprenticeship! We don’t expect you to come with all the skills and knowledge, but what we do want is enthusiasm; we want you to be eager to learn the job and committed to your apprenticeship studies too.
- Desire to learn
- Experience using MS Windows
- Experience using Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. MS SQL Server)
- Object Oriented Programming language (e.g. C#)
- Experience using HTML and CSS
- Passion for software development
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Organised, thorough and rigorous
- Good communication skills
- Work well with others – team player
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career within a best in class IT/Tech function
- You’ll study towards the Level 4 Software Engineering Apprenticeship.
- This programme is 18 months long
- 20% of your working hours will be allocated to study time for your Apprenticeship
- Support from our trusted training provider
- Competitive salary with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company entertains, informs and inspires people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies families have come to love for over 90 years.
Stories are better when the storytellers represent the vast experiences of the people who will hear them. At Disney we have the opportunity and the responsibility to create authentic, unforgettable stories, experiences and products that capture the imagination of generations of people around the world. We are committed to doing that in a way that counts everybody in.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please only apply to one Apprenticeship position. We offer several Apprenticeship opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Sunday 27th February 2022 however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.