We know diversity and inclusion is good for our business and the communities in which we operate. We recognise that our inclusive environment provides a better service to clients and makes for a great place to work. That’s why we value difference and seek out potential. That's the KPMG difference.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Not sure which area of our business you’re most interested in or suited to? Our rotational KPMG360° apprenticeship programme could be for you. In your first year, you’ll learn about all parts of our business so you can make an informed choice about where you’d like to specialise. You’ll gain professional qualifications, following the study pathway that’s right for you and your career. The programme will last three or six years depending on the career path you decide to take.
Responsibilities and Tasks
You’ll rotate around the business, getting an amazing overview of the huge variety of projects we undertake. As you undertake placements across Audit, Tax and Advisory, there’ll be no such thing as a typical day, but each placement will include:
- Becoming an integral part of the team, networking and developing relationships internally and with key members of our clients teams
- Developing commercial awareness, communication, team-work, and technical skills as you undertake structured placements across Audit, Tax and Advisory.
- Embracing new ideas and approaches, seeking out new responsibilities and proactively getting involved with a wide range of work.
- Displaying an understanding of KPMG’s values and demonstrating behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members.
- You will take on tasks that directly add value to our clients and our business. Work will vary from placement to placement, but could include:
- Working as part of an audit team and completing tasks such as controls testing, bank reconciliations and checking the accuracy of financial statements.
- Working with our tax, pensions and legal teams and completing tasks such as liaising with HMRC, drafting correspondence to clients and completing tax returns
- Providing valuable support to client facing teams in advisory – projects could relate to anything from cyber security to fraud investigations.
- Research tasks and contributing to business development activity.
- General support to project teams, including taking minutes at meetings, preparing engagement letters and billing.
What are we looking for you to show us?
During the recruitment process, you will need to demonstrate KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities which will give us the confidence that you’ll be successful in the firm. By this, we mean the skills and behaviours that every person here at KPMG shares. To us, ‘behaviours’ are more than the way you act – they represent the set of values that underpin our business.
KPMG's Global Behavioural Capabilities are:
- Career Motivation
- Delivers Quality
- Drives Collaboration and Inclusion
- Strives for Continual Improvement
- Exercises Professional Judgement
- Makes an Impact
- Seizes Business Opportunities
- Demonstrates Innovation and Curiosity
Training, support and development towards your professional qualifications
- First year: Once you join the programme you will have regular conversations about your career. Your foundation year will allow you to make an informed choice about your career path going forward. You’ll also complete the AAT Level Three Qualification
- Second and third year: Completion of the AAT Level four combined with longer placements will deepen your industry and technical knowledge.
- Fourth, fifth and sixth year: You will decide whether to specialise in Audit, Tax or Advisory and your qualification studied will reflect this decision (qualifications could include ACA, CTA, CIMA).
- The specialist nature of our actuarial and technology teams means that apprentices wishing to specialise in these business areas will do so upon completion of year one (the foundation level).
What do we look for?
Within our recruitment process, we look for more than just your academics results. This wider perspective helps us ensure that we are giving you the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We assess your application against KPMG’s Global Behavioural Capabilities and combine a number of different factors, and how you perform in our recruitment process to build our confidence in whether you will be a success at KPMG.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
GCSE and A level Entry Requirements
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C including Maths and English Language
- Minimum Grades of 104 UCAS points (BCC) at A Level
- Or international equivalent
Scottish Entry Requirements
- A minimum of 2s in Scottish Standards/Intermediate 2/National qualifications for both Maths and English
- Equivalent to 260 UCAS points across Highers and Advanced Highers
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades (or equivalent) and do not accept General Studies.
Your KPMG Experience
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!