by GE Aviation
We have two opportunities within Facilities in Cheltenham
Facilities Maintenance Apprenticeship, Cheltenham
In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake campus re-layouts, building upgrades and related projects. You will be working directly with maintenance / lean / project teams / manufacturing teams to drive closure on the planning and execution of projects on a 64 acre campus.
- Attend Training to acquire Construction Extended Diploma
- This apprenticeship Standard is suitable for individuals if you want to progress your career in a technical, professional or management role within the construction industry. The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National qualification suite is designed in close collaboration with industry to help people become occupationally ready to take up employment in the construction sector.
- Assist in negotiation of project scope & schedule with internal & external customers and suppliers
- Assist manufacturing Engineer – Moving Production Lines, CAD Layouts
- Co-own and deliver against agreed project deliverables, budgets and timelines.
- Help Identify, manage and drive down project risks and issues. Carry out ongoing reviews of project status and maintain programme.
- Aid the Coordination and management of contractor works, in close relation to production and engineering, to ensure that business continuity is maintained during project works.
- Learn to read, interpret, edit and draw floor plans using AutoCAD
Facilities Electrical Apprenticeship, Cheltenham
In this role you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, getting involved and learning many skills related to preventative and reactive maintenance across the 13 buildings on a 64 acre campus.
- Attend the Training provider to acquire Electrical Installation/Maintenance Level 3
- This apprenticeship Standard is suitable for individuals pursuing a career in electrical installation and maintenance.
- Assist and work under the guidance of skilled Maintenance Engineers in carrying out essential planned and responsive maintenance, repair and/or installation of plant and equipment
- Participate in the Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme, undertaking a National Vocational Qualification, a Technical Certificate programme and Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification (Installation or Maintenance)
- Ensure all college work is kept up to date in accordance with the apprenticeship requirements set out by your manager
- Liaison with GE Training & Development Manager regarding all training issues
- Participation in all training initiatives specific to the post holder’s duties
- Undertake work with increasing independence as the apprenticeship and skill set progresses
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested by senior management
- Take reasonable care of their own and others safety, to co-operate with managers/craft/engineers in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults, etc.
- To participate in departmental team activities
- Good communication
- Experience and/or extra-curricular activities in a technical field would be advantageous
- You will be an enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated person. Committed to your individual learning and dedicated to working hard in order to achieve, you must be able to work under supervised conditions as part of a team, and also under your own initiative as your skill set develops
- Strong attention to detail coupled with a proactive desire to succeed is essential
Qualification / Requirements
Entry Requirements : A minimum of four GCSEs at grades A*-C or 4 and above, including both English and maths (higher tier/grade 5). Or a minimum of five GCSEs at grades A*-C including higher tier maths or new grade 5.
Recruitment Process- Cheltenham
Stage 1- Submit your application (4th October – 28th February 2022) We may close early if sufficient applications have been received
Initial applications need to be submitted online via our application page. To apply, you will need:
- Supporting statement
Your supporting statement should be no more than 500 words (approx..1 side of A4) and
should provide an original summary, created by you, of any relevant experiences or evidence that outlines why you are the right candidate for this apprenticeship.
A CV and supporting statement must be submitted for your application to be considered or progressed.
Stage 2 – Video Interview
If you are successful at stage 1, you will be invited to complete a video interview. Instructions will be sent to you via the email you used to submit your application.
Stage 3 – On site assessment centre
A mandatory on-site assessment centre must be attended to progress your application.
Candidates will be invited to attend one of two dates: Wednesday 16th February 2022 or Wednesday 16th March 2022.
Please ensure you are available to attend before applying. Candidates unable to attend assessment centre will be unable to complete the recruitment process.
Good luck with your application.
In addition to a competitive base salary, here at GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE, we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you can then tailor to meet your individual needs:
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- 26 days holiday, with flexible option to buy or sell
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
About GE Aviation
As one of the largest commercial aircraft engine maintenance facilities in the world, with annual sales of over $2.9bn, the business works with over 90 customers worldwide, including Emirates, TUI, Lufthansa, Delta, United, ANA and British Airways.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.