Join IBM. Make an impact.
From helping transform healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience, it's what IBMers do. Our work and our people can be found in all sorts of interesting places. Mathematicians, coders, and web designers contribute to creativity in the kitchen (Watson!), rerouting traffic jams, even designing the next generation fan experience in sports stadiums around the world. It's the kind of thing we've been doing for more than 100 years.
Apple. Twitter. Facebook. Hootsuite. Box. These are just a few of the global partners who work with IBM to develop powerful mobile apps and help enterprises make smarter decisions with data analytics and cloud technology. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers – people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals.
Apprenticeships at IBM are all about picking up new skills and lots of them. When you join IBM as an apprentice it is not just about training and qualifications. We have your long-term professional career in mind and from the day you join us you’ll be a permanent employee. You’ll get lots of exposure and an experience you simply couldn't get anywhere else.
In addition to your day job there are also plenty of opportunities to get involved in social activities and volunteering with other Apprentices, Students and Graduates in the local area. If you’ve decided to dive straight into the world of work after college we believe our apprenticeship is one of the best learning experiences out there.
You’ll have a great support network. For the day-to-day things, you’ll have a Task Manager who’ll help you with new tasks, manage your workload and give you the opportunity to get involved. You’ll also have an Early Professional Manager looking after your ongoing development.
Your training starts with a two-week induction, which will help you to understand how IBM works and how we operate.
After that, it’s all about 2 areas:
- Business and technical skills training, which helps you get better at doing your job and attain further professional qualifications. Our technical apprentices will achieve an OCR Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship qualification. For our business apprentices, you will achieve an OCR Level 4 Diploma and NVQ in Business & Administration
- Personal skills training, which can be anything that you feel would help you with your career progression in IBM– and it’s entirely controlled by you.
What we look for
Energy, creativity and passion are really important to us. We also work in teams all the time, so you need to be someone who’ll thrive in that kind of environment – a great communicator and someone with the ability to lead others. There are other characteristics we look for, too. We call them competencies - think about whether, and how, you can demonstrate them during our application process. We look for eight specific competencies during our Application Process: Adaptability, Communication, Client Focus, Creative Problem Solving, Drive, Teamwork, Passion for IBM and Taking Ownership.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including Maths and English Language)
- Must have obtained or be predicted at least 160 UCAS points from A-levels or equivalent
- You don’t need any work experience, just a passion for business and technology.
- You must also be authorised to work in the UK
- The majority of our apprentices are based from client sites across the UK which means having a flexible attitude to travelling around the country and staying away from home is a must have.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from IBM
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5)
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
A day in the life of an IBM Apprentice 8am- I like to wake up early and make a proper cup...