Advance Apprenticeship – North at Atkins
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Atkins
One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re compelled to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. Our brilliant team of over 17,000 people leave a lasting legacy through helping to create everything from airplanes, railways and new flood defences to skyscrapers, Olympic venues and giant waterparks. Are you ready for the challenge?
What you’ll be doing
Do you want to get paid for gaining qualifications and learning on the job? And would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in the business on some of the most critical engineering challenges of our time? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for Apprentice Engineers for our Energy and Transportation business.
Within the North region we have opportunities to join our offices in York and Glasgow.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of engineering teams to:
- Support engineers creating ground breaking designs for all kinds of projects
- Create CAD drawings and maintain the drawing register
- Help with the smooth running of projects
- Solve problems and prepare simple calculations.
During your 2-3 year apprenticeship no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending one day at your local college, you’ll study towards a Level 3 qualification within one of the subject areas we have available within the North, including Civil, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines.
Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Talented, ambitious and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more, you’ll need:
- At least five GCSEs (or Scottish Highers or equivalent) including Science, a Technology subject and a grade B or above in Maths and C or above in English.
- To be good in a team and someone who can assist with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and dedication and strong communication skills
- To be reliable, practical and self-motivated and enjoy using computers for design work
How to join us
NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible.
Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2016 onwards.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.