About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a privately owned, internationally focussed engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities spanning the entire client value chain. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
School & College Leaver Programme
A five-year programme that combines academic learning with on-the-job training. Successful candidates will complete a fully funded accredited day-release HNC and/or degree in their chosen area of interest while working as a Laing O’Rourke employee. The programme also includes a series of in-house modules, aimed at exposing you to the latest developments in construction and engineering. Your personal and professional growth will be supported throughout the programme using career planning toolkits and tailored development plans. During the programme you will work across a range of businesses and projects, which will offer the breadth and variety to support your career progression and will contribute towards your professional development.
You will benefit from a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes a company car from year four onwards.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for exceptional school or college leavers to fill roles within the following specialist areas:
- Civil Engineering - London, Manchester & Birmingham
- Quantity Surveying - now closed for applications
- Construction Management - now closed for applications
- Human Capital
- Procurement - now closed for applications
- Estimating - Manchester & London
- Planning - now closed for applications
We are looking for school-leavers who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Be on track for or already gained 96 UCAS points or above (course dependant)
- Have gained at least five GCSEs at grade A- C
- Ideally you will have completed your education no more than two years before applying
We are mainly looking to recruit in the following locations:
- Greater London and Dartford (Kent)
- Greater Manchester
Those who are not within commutable distance to one of these locations will not be considered for the programme.
There are 4 stages to our School & College Leaver Programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - Online application. Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - Online tests. You will be required to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 – Telephone Interview Upon successful completion of the online testing, you will be invited to complete a telephone interview. If successful at this stage, we will invite you to the final stage of the application process.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre at one of our central hubs in Manchester, Dartford or Explore Industrial Park in Worksop. Your half day assessment will include a structured interview, a group discussion and an individual presentation exercise.
If you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your school/college leaver qualifications and grades, and successful background security and reference checks.
We recruit for the School & College Leaver Programme on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We therefore encourage early applications to any of our roles for the programme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Laing O'Rourke
I applied twice to get on the Apprenticeship+ programme. I didn't get in first time around, so I took a...