MEP Commercial Management Apprenticeship - London
Responsible for assisting in the management of the MEP services delivery, health & safety and subcontractor performance and wellbeing, whilst liaising with the client, main contractor and consultants. To learn and develop core knowledge and skills showing, drive & enthusiasm whilst taking responsibility for their own professional development.
- 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above.
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The employee takes responsibility for their actions, leads by example and acts in an ethical, legal and responsible way. Is self-aware and makes the most of their talent, skills and resourcefulness.
- Efficiently manages resources and tasks whilst collaborating internally and with external stakeholders. Take ownership when resolving problems, identifying, solving challenges.
- Adapts and reacts well to changing priorities, delivers results and exceeds client satisfaction in
- addition to acting inclusively by treating people with respect in a fair and consistent manner.
- Assisting with production and agreement of weekly dependency schedule production to progress
- works in line with programme.
- Assisting with monitoring and recording of weekly look ahead plan for resource and progress.
- Attendance of weekly programme coordination / look ahead meeting with developing understanding of dependencies, problems posed and available resolutions.
- Assisting with the management and sequencing of sub-subcontractors in line with programme requirements.
- Assisting with production & supporting the management of handover paperwork and process.
- Assisting with production of progress drop lines and marked up progress drawings and photos.
Health & Safety
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with Mace processes.
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with project strategies / plans.
- Assisting the monitoring of Sub-subcontractor health and safety documentation ensuring validity.
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of supply chain works onsite in line with approved RAMS.
- Assisting the monitoring of Mechanical and Electrical Safe System of Works.
- Production of EHS inspections & reporting on YJ.
- Assisting with collation of sub-sub-contractors issued environmental data.
- Attendance at daily safe start / site co-ordination meetings.
- Attendance throughout the morning safe start process each day.
- Attendance at Main Contractor and Sub-Contractor health & safety meetings.
- Assisting with monitoring of supply chain toolbox talks.
- Assisting the management of supply chain inductions.
- Supporting the management of Sub-subcontractors’ scope & demarcations onsite.
- Assist with the production of the project risk register.
- Assist with the production of the weekly dependency schedule production to progress works in line with programme.
- Assist with monitoring recording of weekly look ahead plan for resource and progress.
- Assist with production of detailed site instruction via descriptions, sketches, site photos for incorporation by the commercial team.
- Assist with production of detailed BWIC requests via descriptions, sketches, site photos for incorporation by the commercial team
Quality Assurance & Commissioning
- Assisting management of the trade to trade handover process.
- Assisting in the management of the Sub-subcontractor benchmarking process.
- Assisting in the management of the supply chain snagging and de-snagging process.
- Assisting in the management and production of the Mace MEP Quality Assurance process
- Assisting in the management of the Sub-subcontractors during the commissioning phase.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with project strategies.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of MEP installation works to ensure compliance with construction status drawings i.e. line and level throughout the installation duration, spot checks to be undertaken.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of construction installation works to ensure compliance
- with MEP requirements, i.e. builds work holes, riser opening dimensions.
- Attendance at Quality Assurance meetings with detailed understanding of areas completed.
- Developing knowledge of both engineering bias (mechanical & electrical), including installation techniques, best practice and single system commissioning requirements.
- Developing knowledge of construction build elements, including sequencing and dependencies.
- Assisting in the monitoring of sub-sub-contractors delivery sequencing via logistics booking software.
- Assisting in the management of Mace MEP logistics contractor(s).
- Assisting in the management of good, delivered receipts.
- Assisting in the management of goods received / handed over to the supply chain.
- Assisting in the management of work areas to ensure site tidiness.
- Assisting in the management of clear up notices assisting the commercial team.
- Assisting in the management of installed works protection.
- Attendance at logistic meetings.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Awards for Mace Group
Latests jobs from Mace Group
- Mace Group
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)