Clay Modelling Apprenticeship at Nissan Design
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
About the role
Nissan challenges conventional boundaries, epitomised in our product development - the highly successful Qashqai, the innovative Juke crossover and the Leaf, our flagship for Zero emission mobility. As Nissan’s success story continues, we are committed to bringing talented apprentices into our business to join our team, grow our core capability and shape our future.
Our Apprenticeship scheme is focused on developing your creative and professional skills by combining first hand involvement in our design processes in our London studio with formal development and training in Clay Modelling at college.
So if you have a creative talent and a keen interest in innovation, get in touch as we have the platform to give you the first steps towards an exciting and rewarding career.
Main Purpose of the Job
To assist in the design and production of three dimensional interior and exterior models using information supplied by the designers, engineers, suppliers, management, packaging and production teams.
- Proactively work as part of the modelling team to ensure a high quality model is achieved and project deadlines are reached
- The ability to independently translate 2D concepts into compelling 3D models by understanding the designers requirements, proposing own ideas and interpretations from the design sketches
Key Tasks Defined
- Actively participate in portable milling
- Spray paint model parts with precision and accuracy
- Proactively contribute ideas for improving services and practices
- Ensure all day to day usable supplies are ordered
- Efficiently prioritise designated tasks and communicate potential concerns to the Senior Modeller
- Ensure all tasks are completed to The Companies quality standard
- Positively react to the changing demands of the Company
- Adhere to Best practice at all times
Qualifications or Knowledge Required
- English and Maths GCSEs Grades A to C is essential
- GCSE/ A level in Arts/ Woodwork/ Sculpture is highly desirable
- A level/ AS levels or Modelling qualification is desirable
- Working knowledge of scanning is desirable
- Working knowledge of model-making is desirable
- More recently, working knowledge of computer design systems is desirable
- Work experience in a modelling/design studio environment would be advantageous
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!