Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
Duties will include:
- Support the teacher within the classroom and help students with the understanding of the work the teacher has supplied
- Raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- Encourage pupils to become more independent learners
- Provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare
- Support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life
- Work under the direction of the line manager, class teachers and other staff to support the learning of whole classes, selected groups or individuals as instructed
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The Diploma aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process and will undertake functional skills if needed.
During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be available to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Study relevant qualifications while you earn.
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- Problem solving and ability to set up class activities
- GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A*-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Full-time employment
Things to consider
Safeguarding, Prevent, and Equal Opportunities:
- Let Me Play, LMP Education and Inspire ATA are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to safer recruitment policies, safeguarding, the prevent duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Inspire ATA Limited is acting as an apprentice training agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary
- You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. You will be placed at one of our partner sites for the duration of this apprenticeship.
About Inspire ATA Ltd.
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2021 is all around the development and wellbeing of our apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-22 winner of Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.