Teaching Assistant (SEN) Apprenticeship
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience within a Special School environment
- Helping students who need extra support, emotionally, physically, or socially as well as with accessing education
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives for children with a variety of needs
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The Diploma aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process and will undertake functional skills if needed.
During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be available to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Study relevant qualifications while you earn.
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children with additional needs
- A team player
- Reliable, committed, and punctual attitude
- Hard working ethic
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalents including English and maths
- Potential to progress onto full-time employment for the right applicant
Things to consider
- All apprenticeships require an enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with children
- You will be employed by Inspire ATA, and be placed at Mapledown School.
- Please google the location prior to applying
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About Inspire ATA Ltd.
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2021 is all around the development and wellbeing of our Apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-2022 winner of the Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London, as awarded by Rate my Apprenticeship.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.