Transport Project Management Degree Apprenticeship – London & Birmingham
Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management consultancy service supporting the development and implementation of major transport projects, we provide a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a well proven formula for delivery. Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion.
As an Apprentice in Project Management in the transport sector, you will work on complex programmes working closely with clients and consultants through all stages of the construction lifecycle. You will gain exposure to both consultancy and construction delivery.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Providing support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractors design submissions throughout the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress in line with KPIs, cost and programme and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Monitoring the quality of works completed on site and helping to deal with any issues that need resolving
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace offices or at a client’s office or facility. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
Project Management Apprentices are supported in working towards a 5 year BSc Project Management Degree and you will be supported towards accreditation with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Association of Project Managers (APM).
- 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Awards for Mace Group
Latests jobs from Mace Group
- Mace Group
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
- Mace Group
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)