Cost Consultancy Degree Apprenticeships – London, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Winchester at Mace GroupTop Employer
Cost Consultancy Degree Apprenticeship – London, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham, Winchester
Cost consultancy is the management and procurement of a construction project predominantly but not limited to cost and contract management. Cost Consultants may often be referred to as professional quantity surveyors (PQS) or Cost Managers. Their role is to represent the client and protect the client’s interest within the clients design team. They are involved in every stage of a construction project from early inception through to final delivery with a main contractor.
This role is predominantly based within Mace or client offices, with regular site visits. As an Apprentice Cost Consultant you will be assisting the Lead Cost Consultant with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value
- Helping our clients to understand the potential costs of construction projects
- Assisting the team with producing feasibility estimates, cost estimates and cost plans
- Assisting the team with building measurements and design assessments
- Assisting with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project by regular reporting and monitoring
- Management of project design and cost changes during construction
- Conducting site valuations and payments to the main contractor
- Assisting the clients team with implementing the construction contract
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BSc degree in quantity surveying. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors within six years.
- 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and English (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Awards for Mace Group
Latests jobs from Mace Group
- Mace Group
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
- Mace Group
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)