Operations Administrator Apprentice Scheme at M&G Prudential
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G Prudential
About the role
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its research team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate and NVQ); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the NVQ and IOC during the 18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team
Securities Lending Operations – Billing Administrator
The Investment Administration department at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Securities Lending operations team. This is a small team who work very closely together to support the Securities Lending trading desk in all its activities. The primary purpose of the role will be to calculate and collect fees from banks which are due each month, accurately record these and allocate earnings to different parts of the business. The role is a monthly cycle and can experience busy periods at the beginning or end of the month.
Good communication skills are required as there is contact with the banks and the Securities lending trading desk to be able to identify and resolve any issues in a timely manner. You will be fully responsible for the tasks throughout the month and so will need to be self-disciplined and organised to be successful. It is essential that the collection and recording of these fees is accurate and timely as the amounts of cash dealt with can be very large. The scheme will give successful candidates a very hands on and practical introduction to Securities Lending and Investment Administration as a whole.
- Issue statements and agree fees with numerous banks within the monthly deadlines
- Investigate and resolve any mis-matched trades between M&G and the banks.
- Check multiple bank accounts and maintain detailed records in Excel spreadsheets.
- Calculate fee splits and pay out monies to other parts of the business
- Produce reports to send to various parts of the business
- Learn about other areas of the team to be able to provide cover during absences
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 240 UCAS points, or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A numerate, logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 240 UCAS points; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!