Apprentice Claims Handler
Duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- To provide an accurate and efficient claims handling service to commercial insurance clients
- To liaise with clients, scheme insurers & account handlers from the first notification of claim to conclusion
- Be technically proficient in the products and industries we operate in
Full training will be provided.
Training to be provided
- Insurance Professional Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
In addition, the apprenticeship will be delivered primarily on our online platform, Babington Online and you will receive full support from our dedicated team of Training Advisors via workshops, webinars and regularly scheduled reviews, conducted by Skype and/or Phone.
The Level 3 Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry.
The apprenticeship develops core knowledge and confidence of the key disciplines needed before the learner focuses their subsequent studies and specialise according to their ambitions and career requirements.
The learner’s duties could include:
- Supporting the acquisition of new clients and retention of existing clients
- Handling client queries
- Processing and analysing data
- Preparing and issuing documentation and general office administration
This Level 3 certificate will provide the learner with a grounding in basic insurance principles including:
- The regulatory environment
- Key disciplines of underwriting
- Claims in addition to popular products such as motor, household, healthcare and packaged commercial insurances
Apprentices will study for the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) before taking their End-Point Assessment. Apprentices must have achieved Level 2 English and mathematics.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with colleagues, brokers and insurers
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including emails & letters
- Confident and effective telephone skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Keyboard skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- Ability to liaise with colleagues where appropriate
5 GCSEs - grade C/4, above or equivalent, including English Language and maths.
Full time position available.
Things to consider
- Receiving a bonus on completion of your CII qualification
- Exploring potential future progression within the company
- Continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Paid gym membership
We encourage our staff to develop their knowledge through qualifications - all underwriters and claims handlers hold Cert CII as a minimum, with some going on to advanced studies. Based at Bristol Office although some UK travel may be required.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About Sutton Specialist Risks Ltd
Based in the Centre of Bristol, SSR was formed in 1989 to provide niche expertise and wholesale insurance products to meet the needs of clients. Our talented underwriting teams create bespoke insurance policies that cater for niche industries, with the ability to offer wide cover with competitive terms.
Over the years, our range of products has been continuously developed to provide market leading cover for a range of industries requiring specialist insurance and support.
Our dedicated in-house claims team are well-versed in handling claims for our niche industries. Because we deal with a limited number of industries, we are able to ensure our technical expertise remains focused on the needs of contractors operating in those industries.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.