Apprentice Retail Sales Assistant at Savers Health & Beauty Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Apprentice Retail Sales Assistant
Our mission at Savers is to have the most competitively priced health and beauty products on the high street, from a clean, contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient, and trained colleagues. Just like us, you like people. You are confident, like working as part of a team and are passionate about good customer service. You like looking ahead to see what’s next, developing your skills and want to learn about how a retailer operates their business.
Your role at Savers will be all about giving the customers excellent service, ensuring that the store is well merchandised, and the high level of store standards and presentation is maintained at all times, this will enable you to drive sales and achieve targets.
This will include:
- Understanding what the Savers customer wants
- Demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Understanding the business and maintaining the brand reputation
- Resolving customer queries
- Using knowledge to promote products to customers
- Highlighting promotional offers to work towards achieving sales targets
- Supporting promotion changes and stock rotation
- Understanding how to increase sales through product placement
- Adhering to all policies and procedures
- Supporting store delivery of KPIs
You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship by an assessor and your store manager who will guide you and make sure you keep on track and complete the qualification on time. Our Apprenticeship is nationally recognised and demonstrates that you have the skills and knowledge needed to do the job effectively.
It’s a great experience that will prepare you for even bigger challenges. Savers Sales Assistants are extremely important to us; we recognise that you are our Supervisors of tomorrow. We will actively develop your skills and offer excellent training.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Retailer Apprenticeship Standard:
Your Apprenticeship will be delivered onsite within your store where you will be supported throughout.
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of an Assessor and your Manager over a 12-month period, all done on site, so no college days!
During the 13th month of your contract you will take part in an end assessment with an independent Assessor, which includes an observation of your ability, a discussion around your experiences and a multiple-choice written test.
On successful completion of your Apprenticeship you will receive:
- A nationally recognised qualification - HABC Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- An in-depth knowledge of the products we sell
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Increased confidence and ability in dealing with the public
- Insight in to how a retail business operates
- Functional Skills if required
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills to enable you to complete a Level 2 Retailer Diploma
- Confident communication skills
- Excellent people skills
You should apply for this role if you:
- Are confident working with people
- Are hard-working and looking for variety and a fast-paced working environment
- Adaptable with a positive attitude to learning and working
- Are quick-thinking
- Want to develop new skills
- Are a real team player
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have an interest in retail business
- Are ambitious and keen to progress
- Are committed to achieving your qualification
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Success in this role could enable you to take your next step with us, as we have a strong desire to promote from within and reward the highest achievers.
Things to consider
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About Savers Health & Beauty Ltd
Savers was acquired by AS Watson in 2000 to further our value led offer in the UK. Our aim is to be the most competitively priced health and beauty retailer on the high street… from a clean crisp contemporary store setting with friendly, efficient, and trained colleagues” We provide branded products at affordable prices.
We work extensively on the range of products we offer and have extended our ranges. In 2010 we introduced alcohol into stores. We continue to strive to launch the biggest products on the high street at the lowest prices. We have over 500 stores throughout England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales and are still expanding. Our colleagues love us too - they voted Savers the 4th Best Big Company to work for in the Sunday Times in 2019.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.