Software Quality Assessment Apprentice
Main role/Overall purpose:
- Supporting in the completion of tests
- Debugging and defining corrective actions
- Supporting the team in reviewing system requirements and tracking quality assurance metrics
Key Responsibilities: (will include but not be limited to):
- Supporting our quality assurance through completing manual testing
- Reporting on test results and providing status reporting on all test activity
- Supporting in the creation of detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Working closely with our development and client services teams to improve our product offering
Training to be provided
This Professional Degree Apprenticeship is designed to produce future Digital and Technology Solutions Professionals and Leaders.
It has been awarded the Tech Industry Gold Accreditation by the Tech Partnership, an organisation that brings together employers and universities to create highly skilled digital graduates.
The Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform learners into highly skilled tech professionals. The Degree Apprenticeship is available in four specialisms:
- Network Engineer
- Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Data Analyst
This programme develops core technical skills, knowledge and behaviours for the development of innovative digital solutions.
Further specialism modules offer opportunities to develop technical areas of relevance to the learners' roles.
Who it's a good fit for?
- New staff focussing on a plan to pursue a career associated within the technical department of the business
- Existing staff wishing to expand their skills and career together with gaining academic skills and qualification while studying to degree level
- Existing staff that would benefit from a comprehensive personal development plan to advance their skills to a higher level
As part of their programme learners will complete:
- Fourteen learning knowledge modules teaching theory and practical application. These are primarily taught online, and are supported by classroom training workshops. Five modules are taught at level 4, five at level 5 and four at level 6
- Work-based portfolios & projects will be completed at work, over the course of the programme to demonstrate practical abilities.
- Understanding of Git version control
- Knowledge of GitLab
- Experience of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking)
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A-levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a ‘similar subject’ this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
The apprentice will get the opportunity to progress onto a level 7 apprenticeship with the employer.
Things to consider
We empower our employees to think big and do great work by offering a positive work culture and rewarding benefits.
- Dedicated social areas around the office
- Learning encouraged at every level
- Access to online training courses
- Dog friendly office
- Birthday day off (to celebrate, of course!)
- Remote Working & Flexible Hours - the flexible hours will not apply to the learner at first and will be able to benefit from those depending on the performance throughout the apprenticeship.
- Regular Team Socials & ping pong tournaments
- Recognition to highlight and reward achievements
- Employee referral program
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
About Bookinglive Ltd
Appointment Scheduling Software and Online Booking System trusted by government, NHS Trusts and large blue-chip organisations to manage booking appointments and their most important customer relationships.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.