Data Analyst Degree Apprentice
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Data Analyst to join our Demand Planning team. From September 2023, we will fully fund a degree level apprenticeship to work towards, leading to a BSc in Data Science. You will be given a senior mentor who will ensure you are getting the most from this on the job experience, and be a partner in your ongoing development.
Working hours are 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing data
- Applying advanced techniques to provide exception reporting with valued context
- Getting broad exposure to different areas of the Supply chain to provide
- Create analytical dashboards to give sites a clear picture based on their supply and demand
- Interpret customer data to help us to be less reactive and reach our Key Performance Indicators around improving availability of goods to the consumer and waste management
- Improving understanding of Premier Foods range and competitive landscape
- You will gain an understanding and applied knowledge of how algorithms and models are used as well as the impact of changes in metrics
Understanding of customers’ needs and trends
Working alongside the Analysis Manager:
- Accompaniment and engagement in internal meetings e.g. Monthly Business Planning meetings
- Accompaniment on external meetings, e.g. Cost to Serve scenario and modelling
- Analysis of core Demand Planning reports
- Completion of administrative tasks e.g. KPI reporting forms, Seasonal reporting
- Preparation of data decks
- Specific Project work – e.g. shipper implementation
- Using knowledge gained through the degree course and your understanding of the business context gained through working in the Premier Foods Supply Chain, Influence the plan to expand the quality and effectiveness of analysis to support improvement in the department’s key performance indicators
What we need from you:
- 3 ‘A’ Levels including maths, and ideally one STEM subject, and GCSE 4/C in English
- Be committed to complete the degree apprenticeship programme
- Computer literacy with interest in data and, ideally, some coding knowledge
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a clear way
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across multiple functions
- Ability to take advice and feedback on board to constantly develop and improve
What we offer you in return:
- Salary of £21,000 per year, rising as each course year is completed to a satisfactory standard
- Sponsored professional development
- On-the-job mentor
- Employee discount scheme including travel, food and shopping discounts
About Premier Foods
We operate primarily in the ambient food sector which continues to be the largest sector within the total UK grocery market. Our Grocery business is responsible for developing our portfolio of brands in four key categories: Flavourings & Seasonings; Cooking Sauces & Accompaniments; Quick Meals, Snacks & Soups and Ambient Desserts. Our Sweet Treats business is responsible for growing our brands in the Ambient Cakes category. Our much-loved brands include Mr Kipling, Cadbury, Bisto, Batchelors, Ambrosia, Sharwood’s, Oxo, Loyd Grossman, Homepride, Paul Hollywood and McDougall’s, with some supported by our strategic partnerships with Mondelez and Nissin.
In addition, the Group has a portfolio of other branded food products and a non-branded food business which manufactures products, such as cakes and desserts, on behalf of many of the UK’s food retailers.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.