Hair Professional Apprentice
Your duties will involve all aspects of training towards gaining the Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Hairdressers will be able to:
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut hair using a range of techniques
- Style and finish hair to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair for ladies
- Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair
- They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role
- Be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills
Training to be provided
One day per week at Aston's Academy in central Northampton, working towards the Hair Professional Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, Functional Skills maths and English if applicable.
Behaviours and communication:
- Greet clients in a friendly manner, choose the most appropriate way of communicating with clients; be helpful and courteous at all times; adapt behaviours in response to each client; respond promptly to clients seeking assistance; establish client expectations and needs; explain clearly any reasons why the client’s needs or expectations cannot be met; willingly undertake wider salon duties, including reception duties where appropriate
Safe working practices:
- Maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods; adhere to workplace, suppliers’ or manufacturers’ instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; meet legal and organisational requirements; maintain the client’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry, organisational and local authority requirements; and correctly use Personal Protective Equipment
- Creatively assess the client’s requirements; examine the hair, skin and scalp; facial characteristics including face shape, skin tone, hair colour, lifestyle and suitability, conduct visual checks and any necessary tests on the hair, skin and scalp; advise clients on services or products; identify the client’s hair characteristics and hair classification; advise clients on hair maintenance and management
- You must demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard
- Meet organisational and industry standards of appearance
- Observe professional ethics
You must have achieved GCSE or equivalent level 3 in maths and English Language.
Once you have achieved your Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard, there is always the opportunity of progressing onto an Advanced level apprenticeship in Hairdressing or in development, the Senior Hair Professional Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role will involve standing for the majority of your working day. Due to the nature of the business you will be required to work Saturdays, you may also be required to work some late evenings within your working week.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
- Thursday: 9am - 2pm
- Friday: 9am - 6pm
- Saturday: 9am - 4pm
- Sunday: Closed
About The Hair Lounge
Hair salon based on 2A Helmdom Road, Northampton NN2 8JT.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.