2021 Pensions Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to join the Pensions Team of one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory groups, here in the City of London.
The successful candidate is likely to be a recent school or college leaver who has an interest in beginning a career in Pensions, while studying for the Retirement Provision Certificate an approved pensions qualification with the Pensions Management Institute. Candidates will be trained on the job as well as being given periodic study leave in order to obtain the relevant qualification. The role requires someone who is engaged and adaptable, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be supported by a mentor and formally report into the Pensions Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- General support to the Pension Manager and the Head of Pensions & Benefits including diary management
- Assist in the general day to day administration of the UK and Overseas pension funds
- Filing and scanning of pension related paperwork to member files
- Printing of pre-prepared letters, ensuring correct format and including attachments
- Arrange meetings for external and internal attendees including dealing with reception, booking rooms, and refreshments
- Travel booking and expense management for the pension manager and head of pension & Benefits
- Assist with bulk post and email distributions
- Manage process for flowers or donations at special anniversaries or when pensioners die
- Assist with the retirement process to include running reports of retirees, organising and booking retirement courses
- Assist with the organisation and planning of the annual pensioner event
- Assist with organisation/printing/co-ordination of the annual pensioner newsletter
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects
- Positive attitude with a passion to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to interact with all levels of seniority
- Ability to take the initiative on assigned tasks
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and work under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
The role requires you to demonstrate alignment to the Firm’s motto of harmony, integrity and industry, and will require you to show the following skills:
- Planning and process management skills: Ability to work to fixed deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to prioritise and identify critical tasks across varied responsibilities. Ability to communicate with internal business and external clients.
- Written and verbal skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately, concisely and with integrity to both the business and external clients. Ability to understand complex issues, find solutions, and then communicate these effectively to inform business decision making and relationship management.
- Numerical and analytical skills: Ability to gather, monitor and analyse data and figures and report key information that will help inform business decisions.
- IT skills: Ability to work with computers and systems and to problem solve using technology. Some familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint would be a desirable but not essential.
About Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory groups, employing approximately 3,500 people in 43 countries around the world. We are family-controlled and independent and have been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years. From our historical roots in Europe we have developed a unique global footprint. Today we have full-scale advisory businesses across the world, including locally staffed offices in China, Brazil, India, Russia, the United States of America, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.