Apprentice Pension Administrator
Working with a trusted training provider partner, The Growth Company, we offer our Workplace Pension Administration Apprentices the opportunity to learn alongside the people that you work with on a daily basis and be given time to study. Our programs are well structured, with the support of independent skills coaches, mentors and line managers to ensure you succeed in you role. You will be part of the Barnett Waddingham early careers network of over 50 Apprentices, Interns and Graduates. You will receive ongoing support and the opportunity to socialise.
The Apprenticeship role itself is varied and you will be involved in a range of tasks from opening the post to assisting with project based work for business wide initiatives. Some aspects of your role will require problem solving skills while other daily tasks will be routine and require high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
A snapshot of the daily work responsibilities will include:
- Attending team meetings to understand the priorities and offering support as required.
- The preparation of computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence.
- Communicating with clients, their members and advisers via email, letter and telephone.
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns.
What You’ll Gain
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within an organisation recently rated as among the 100 best companies to work for with excellent benefits and real progression opportunities.
We look to offer our Pension Administration Apprentices long-term career opportunities on the satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship programme. Full support will be given to the candidates in taking other professional exams. Further career opportunities are available throughout the firm.
Ideally we would like to see education up to A-Level standard with grade C or higher in 2 or more subjects.
As a minimum, you will need to have Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade 5 / C or above
- Scottish Intermediate 2 certificates grade A to C
- Scottish Standard Grades (credit Level) grade 1 to 2
- Scottish National 5 certificates grade A to C
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
About Barnett Waddingham
Founded in 1989, Barnett Waddingham has grown to become the UK’s largest independent professional services consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. From small beginnings, our total headcount is now over 1,200 (including 73 partners and 146 principals or associates) – with offices in eight locations around the UK. We act for a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors including 15% of FTSE 350 firms with a DB scheme and close to 20% of FTSE 100 firms.
We are keen to promote the development of professional standards for all employees. This can be achieved by general work experience and mentoring together with the provision of study support for relevant professional examinations.
At Barnett Waddingham, we’re all about 'doing the right thing' and we treat each other fairly, with honesty, empathy and respect at all times. The future success of Barnett Waddingham depends upon our people. We encourage individuals to work collaboratively, share ideas and learn from each other – working together to achieve our common goals.
How to apply
To apply for this programme and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.