Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
This is not just any customer service role; this is an M&S Bank Customer Service role!
M&S Bank is a member of HSBC Group. If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC Group and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC Group employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. M&S Bank is entirely designed around our customers and is built on the values of Quality, Value, Service, Innovation and, above all, Trust. As the voice of M&S Bank, your purpose is to be there to help our customers, delighting them with great service and living our values.
Our Contact Centre is at the heart of our business, acting as the link between our business and our customers. We pride ourselves on outstanding and genuine customer service and want you to be yourself, so a natural flair with people is important. The role is varied, fast-paced and, whilst challenging, it also thoroughly rewarding. This is an Apprenticeship opportunity which will see the successful candidates join on an 18-month Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. You will be supported throughout your entire journey, with a mixture of classroom learning, independent study and on the job training designed to build your foundations for a successful career within the HSBC group. This permanent, entry level role will give you an opportunity to learn, develop and progress within the organisation. You will be trained on M&S Bank products and systems. You just have to be ready to learn and bring with you a passion to deliver great customer service.
Key elements of the role include:
- Being the voice of M&S Bank by resolving queries for our customers regarding their banking products
- Acting as a digital advocate, helping our customers understand and use our digital platforms to service their accounts
- Providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction and professional customer support
- Building rapport so you can have meaningful conversation with customers to understand how you can help and then by providing relevant solutions
- Maintaining and update customer account details using M&S Bank systems
- Handling, taking ownership of and resolving complaints
- Working within regulatory requirements e.g. Data Protection, Money Laundering, FCA etc.
The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- An active listener
- Show empathy
- Passionate about helping others and solving problems
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Comfortable multitasking and staying organised
- Desire to get things right first time
- Strong attention to detail
- Good digital skills
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 4/C, including Maths and English.
As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexibility in working - choose to work from our Chester head office or work from home
- Competitive salary with flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle needs
- Great holiday package
- 20% discount at M&S
- Learning and Development to help you build your career within the organisation
The base location for this role is Kings Meadow Chester, but applicants from across the UK will be considered, as the role offers flexibility to work from home. There will be some requirement within the first 4-6 weeks to attend the Chester Head Office. Following the training there will be the option for hybrid working or a fully working from home.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC apprentice in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.