Amey Kickstart Schemes
The Government’s Kickstart scheme helps unemployed young people, aged 16-24, to secure quality 6-month placements with a minimum 25 hours a week. We’re proud to have signed up to this and are looking forward to welcoming people from April 2021 – so don’t delay your application!
We believe that a focus on personal development is crucial at the early stages of your career. Joining our Kickstart scheme will help you build essential skills, such as:
- Support with career planning, CV writing, interview skills, finding your next role.
- Communication skills.
- Personal effectiveness.
How it works
We know that the workplace may not be a familiar environment so you’ll be assigned a 'buddy' and mentor, as well as a line manager for day-to-day support.
You’re not expected to arrive knowing everything – you’ll learn on the job and we’ll teach you what you need to know.
How To Apply
- To be eligible for the scheme, you must be referred by your Work Coach, be claiming Universal Credit, and be aged 16-24.
- The application process is simple – all you need to do is contact your work coach at DWP who will be able to provide all details on how to apply.
- Click the Apply button to see what sort of Kickstart roles available at the moment.
- We will review your application and get in touch regarding next steps.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, this will be carried out virtually on Microsoft Teams so you will need access to a laptop or desktop. Doing a virtual interview can sound a little daunting, but don’t worry just be yourself, we’re keen to get to know you. We will provide some hints and tips closer to the time. If the role is based in a school then the interview may be held on site.
- We’re looking for successful applicants to join us now!
Good luck with your application!
We are one of the top five suppliers for support services in the UK and we employ 16,000 people. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s national and regional rail and road infrastructure, manage defence housing for service families, keep schools secure, safe and clean, as well as collect and process waste and manage utilities services.
At Amey we want to give everyone the opportunity to succeed. No matter what your background is or your experience, everyone deserves the chance to fulfil their potential and achieve their career ambitions.
That’s why we continue to invest in skills, education and training, providing leading employment opportunities in local communities with a particular emphasis on supporting young people into employment.
At the end of your Kickstart scheme, there may be other opportunities available, such as our apprentice roles.
How to apply
To view Amey's Kickstart schemes and apply, please click on the Apply button below.