IT Advanced Apprenticeship at Siemens Healthineers
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Siemens Healthineers
IT Advanced Apprenticeship
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
This is a fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of manufacturing in accordance to FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Information Technology (IT) team to not only develop basic core skills but also develop the understanding on technical applications, software and digitalisation across all Siemens Sudbury facilities and have a good understanding of all aspects of company departments.
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2021 and will complete a Level 3 – Digital Support Technician
- Level 3
- Duration - 15 – 18 months
- Blended approach to delivery which could include webinars, face-to-face, Skype, telephone and online learning
- Development of the learner’s knowledge, skills and behaviors relevant to the job role
- Level 2 Functional Skills where appropriate
- End-Point Assessment
Your mission and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of IT you will be expected to:
- Assess the landscape of IT/digitalisation tools available in Siemens Healthineers
- Set up and maintain new users according to site protocol, ensuring they have access to required applications/systems
- Learn and develop digitalisation skills, with particular focus on Intelligent Automation (AI, Robotics), Business Intelligence (PowerBI) and Advanced Analytics
- Ensure staff are issued with secure passwords for access to relevant systems/applications
- Ensure templates are up to date and accurately entered within appropriate time frames
- Provide high quality, first-line technical support for all staff, via phone, email, face to face or remotely as required
- Troubleshoot IT problems and identify solutions. Where appropriate, report faults through escalation channels
- Support new starters with induction and additional training, ensuring they know how to log on to various IT Systems, can use any applications they require and that they understand the practice protocol on data security
- Train and inform staff on how to use new systems/software effectively
- Update IT equipment and maintain the asset register
- Assist in undertaking day to day maintenance of end-user equipment
- Install new equipment and software when required
- Support 3rd party software
- Support IT projects were appropriate
- Manage telephone system, ensuring software is running, making basic changes, resolving faults and escalating as appropriate
- Ensure security of data in accordance with the GDPR
Your qualification and experience
- Educated to A Level standard B grade and above or NVQ/BTEC or HND
- IT or digitalisation background would be advantageous
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to specifications
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Understanding of PC operating systems and software
- Installation, operating, maintenance and repair of operating systems, networks, and programmes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage own time effectively
- Competent in Microsoft Platform applications
- Have a strong interest in digitalisation
- Desire to develop skills in an IT discipline
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:
- Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
- Develop an understanding of infrastructure and digitalisation architecture design
- Maintain quality awareness
- Understand how to correctly use troubleshoot technical applications
- An apprenticeship salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to gym memberships
- Generous pension contributions
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
- In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Recently celebrating 80 years of manufacturing excellence, our Sudbury site designs and assembles blood, urine and diabetes analysis instruments. With our point-of-care testing systems, Siemens Healthineers delivers lab-accurate, actionable, and timely results on the spot. You can find more information here.
Being part of our team
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can hear directly from our current and past apprentices on our careers page.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
What else do I need to know?
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
- During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two-way process.
- This role will require shift work to cover the business 06.00 - 22.15
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.