Level 4 Communications Apprenticeship
We offer an exciting 24-month apprentice programme for students that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. An apprenticeship with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are…?
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organisation is comprised of sales, marketing, policy and communications, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
The External Affairs department in the UK provides industry-leading policy and communications counsel, leadership and programmes in every area of business operation. This role will support our ongoing ambitions to develop industry leading expertise in digital and social marketing and communications and within this, the way in which we transform our digital and social communications.
Success to date has included rapidly building a strong corporate social media presence with high engagement levels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. We have now started to integrate our corporate (Our organisation’s brand) and franchise (therapy area) communication programmes and approaches across each of these platforms, using both organic and ‘paid for’ campaigns to drive audience engagement. Please visit our social media platforms for examples.
This role will have the opportunity to learn about how our team collaborates with governments and policy organisations at local and national levels. We address legislative and regulatory issues that promote and protect the discovery of innovative medicine, vaccines and animal health products while improving and protecting patient access to care. We take great care to monitor and manage the reputation of our company communicating the work we do to improve lives.
Level 4 Communications Apprenticeship Programme
Our 24-Month Communications Apprenticeship programme offers an excellent opportunity for those eager to take their first steps into a career in communications, social media and policy.
As an apprentice, you will be a key member of our External Affairs/Communications team, working alongside subject matter experts delivering on meaningful projects that make a real difference. You will have the opportunity to develop key skills, gain valuable experiences, network with professionals across our organisation all whilst receiving full support from a friendly team and studying towards a fully funded externally recognised qualification.
You will get the opportunity to collaborate and support on a variety of projects throughout your apprenticeship programme that will support you in your learning and achieving your qualification.
Some of your duties could include:
- Working to understand the structure of our organisation; our products and services we deliver and the sector in which we operate
- Understanding the role of External Affairs, understanding our business plan and priorities and how these apply to your role
- Gain an understanding of our systems, tools and processes we use in External Affairs and applying them to required tasks
- Gain sector specific insights, gain an understanding of strategic communications, social and digital media and policy best practice and stay up to date on current affairs and the external environment
- Gain an understanding of how to create a communications strategy and develop communications tactics
- Support in the production and distribution of content (E.g. Press releases, policy statements, social media posts, website content, video content, infographics and image creation, etc)
- Assist in the delivery of campaigns by collaborating with colleagues to support them in the delivery of various tasks/projects with a focus on social media and digital community management
- Support in the evaluation of results from campaigns using appropriate systems
- Support in daily operational and administrative management including development of materials through our approvals pathways
- Manage media monitoring
- Effectively manage client/colleague queries via phone, email and face-to-face
- You will have completed your GCSE’s or equivalent studies
- You will have also completed, or you will also need to have completed your further education or equivalent by September 2021
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organisation’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- Proactively updating colleagues on progress and flagging time slippages well in advance and managing your line manager’s expectations
- Commitment to getting the job done wherever it is and however long it takes
- Punctuality, reliability and personal responsibility.
- Creativity in the development of new ideas and in overcoming challenges which may be faced in delivery of the communications programme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.