Level 3 Finance Apprenticeship
We offer an exciting 24-month apprentice programme for students that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. An apprenticeship with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are…?
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Our Finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives.
Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
Our 24-Month Apprenticeship programme offers an excellent opportunity for those eager to take their first steps into a career in Finance and Accounting.
As an apprentice, you will be a key member of our Finance team, working alongside subject matter experts delivering on meaningful projects that make a real difference. You will have the opportunity to develop key skills, gain valuable experiences, network with professionals across our organisation all whilst receiving full support from a friendly team and studying towards a fully funded externally recognised qualification.
You will get the opportunity to collaborate and support on a variety of projects throughout your apprenticeship programme that will support you in your learning and achieving your qualification.
Some of your duties could include:
- Working to understand the structure of our organisation; our products and services we deliver and the sector in which we operate
- Understanding the role of our Finance business unit, understanding our business strategy and these apply to your role
- Gain an understanding of our finance systems, tools and processes (including internal controls) we use in Finance and how to apply them to required tasks
- Understanding how to enter and check transactions, perform reconciliations and produce reports using our systems
- Understanding elements of bookkeeping and accounting standards required to process financial transactions and collate supporting documentation
- Understanding how to recognise and use different accounting approaches and being able to gather, analyse and report information to support decision making
- Effectively recording and analysing financial data
- Effectively managing relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) via phone, email and face-to-face
- Collaborating within finance to support the production of the annual statutory financial statements and annual taxation submissions
- Support the wider finance team in relation to internal and external audits
- Maintaining relevant records and/or data where required
- You will have completed your GCSE’s or equivalent studies
- You will have also completed, or you will also need to have completed your further education or equivalent by September 2021
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.