Global Affiliate Due Diligence (ADD) Analyst Level 3 Apprenticeship at HSBC
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Global Affiliate Due Diligence (ADD) Analyst Level 3 Apprenticeship
Risk & Compliance Level 3 Apprenticeship programme
If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are recruiting for an exciting new position within our Compliance team which, for the right candidates, is a fast track pathway to a long and varied career within the HSBC Compliance function and first line business roles. This is an Apprenticeship opportunity which will see the successful candidates join on a 20-month fixed term contract Level 3 Apprenticeship programme, all fully funded by HSBC.
The world of Banking and Financial services is complex, and there are many rules, regulations and risks which need to be considered to allow HSBC to protect both our customers and the communities in which we operate. This is where Compliance comes in. Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime compliance. Acting as risk stewards, and supported by a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
This entry level role will give you exposure to a wide variety of different teams within Compliance, designed to build your general understanding of the function. There are four different functions within Compliance, Financial Crime, Regulatory Conduct, a Chief Operating Office and Assurance, which are responsible for ensuring consistent global delivery, policy, frameworks, standards-setting, oversight and assurance.
This opportunity sits within the the Global ADD team, which undertakes a first line of defence role wthin Compliance; as part of the Financial Crime team. The ADD team is responsible for defining and maintaining standards for the due diligence and financial crime risk assessment of HSBC Affiliates. The team ensures adequate governance to identify and manage financial crime risks across the firm relating to business relationships between HSBC Affiliates globally. We work closely with our KYC operations team in Poland and dedicated Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) advisory team to ensure the smooth operation of the ADD end to end process. You will be supported throughout your entire journey, with a mixture of classroom learning, independent study and on the job training designed to build your foundations for a successful career within the HSBC group.
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Interest in financial crime risk management within banks
- Being highly proactive, organised and effectively managing your own time
- Team player and an effective networker with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Passion to work with people and put customers at the heart of everything we do
- A strong moral compass, comfortable speaking up if they see something which does not appear or feel to be right
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to translate complex terms or processes into simple, easily digestible formats
- Attention to detail and creative thought process and problem solving skills
- Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
- 96 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent and a Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.
Around the world, growth is bringing new prosperity; businesses are pioneering new trade routes; and new centres of wealth and influence are emerging. Throughout its history, HSBC employees have been dedicated to connecting customers to this growth, enabling business to thrive and economies to prosper. With 3,800 offices in 65 countries and territories, serving more than 38 million customers in both established and emerging markets, HSBC are well positioned to create sustainable growth whilst serving our customers.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.