Data Analyst Level 3 Apprenticeship - Compliance Analytics
Level 3 Risk & Compliance Apprenticeship programme
If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are recruiting for incredible exciting Data Analyst Apprentices within our Compliance Analytics team which, for the right candidates, is a fast track pathway to a long and varied career within the Data Science arena. This is an Apprenticeship opportunity which will see the successful candidates join on an 18-month Level 3 Apprenticeship programme, all fully funded by HSBC.
The world of Banking and Financial services is complex, and there are many rules, regulations and risks which need to be considered to allow HSBC to protect both our customers and the communities in which we operate. This is where Compliance comes in. Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime compliance to ensure HSBC can navigate often complex regulations in order to support safe growth and safeguard our customers and communities in which we operate. Compliance Analytics is the area which provides the data behind our Compliance decisions globally, ensuring robust protection for both HSBC and our customers from Financial Crime and Compliance risk.
Applied Analytics help to uncover hidden behaviours, connections and meaning in our data. We help our businesses understand what vulnerabilities existing with the organisation. We design, develop and deploy controls to mitigate risk and support our wider community with data analysis, development and visualisation. We also work with our Research & Development teams to develop and engineer new market leading analytical products and deploy them at scale across the globe. This permanent, entry level role is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in data science, developing data analysis, development, planning and governance skills in an exciting and supportive environment.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals who want to gain experience in a globally recognised organisation helping to push the boundaries on how data science can solve problems and manage risk in compliance. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in data science and develop data analysis, development, planning and governance skills in an exciting and supportive environment. You will be supported throughout your entire journey, with a mixture of classroom learning, independent study and on the job training designed to build your foundations for a successful career within the HSBC Group.
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Interest in Data Science and Analytics
- Passion to work with people and numbers
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
- Organisational & Problem solving skills
- A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Naturally inquisitive – able to ask why and bring new ideas to the table
- Team player and an effective networker, with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- A strong moral compass, comfortable speaking up if they see something which does not appear or feel to be right
- A methodical approach to work and learning with the ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to explain sometimes technical terms and statements into more simplified versions
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
- 96 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent and a Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.
Around the world, growth is bringing new prosperity; businesses are pioneering new trade routes; and new centres of wealth and influence are emerging. Throughout its history, HSBC employees have been dedicated to connecting customers to this growth, enabling business to thrive and economies to prosper. With 3,800 offices in 65 countries and territories, serving more than 38 million customers in both established and emerging markets, HSBC are well positioned to create sustainable growth whilst serving our customers.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Awards for HSBC
Latests jobs from HSBC
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)