Analyst Level 3 Apprenticeship - Compliance Analytics Governance & Standards at HSBC
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Analyst Level 3 Apprenticeship - Compliance Analytics Governance & Standards
Level 3 Risk & Compliance Apprenticeship programme
If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are recruiting for incredible exciting Analyst Apprentice Apprentices within our Compliance Analytics Governance & Standards team which, for the right candidates, is a fast track pathway to a long and varied career within the Compliance Chief Operating Office (COO) function. This is an Apprenticeship opportunity which will see the successful candidates join on an 18-month Level 3 Apprenticeship programme, all fully funded by HSBC.
The world of Banking and Financial services is complex, and there are many rules, regulations and risks which need to be considered to allow HSBC to protect both our customers and the communities in which we operate. This is where Compliance Analytics comes in; Compliance Analytics enable HSBC to grow safely by designing, building and deploying Models which protect the Bank from emergent and existing financial crime. Compliance Analytics Models protect our Customers and HSBC on a day to day basis informing the Banks financial crime controls, policy & procedure. We robustly govern and continuously develop Analytics Models within the production environment to ensure these adapt to the evolving Financial Crime environments in which they operate.
Compliance Analytics sits within the Compliance Chief Operating Office (COO), which is one of the four Group Capability teams within Compliance (the 4 Group Compliance Capabilities are; Financial Crime, Regulatory Conduct, a Chief Operating Office and Assurance). Compliance Analytics provide industry-leading Analytics Management services at a strategic and tactical level for all markets and lines of business, which robustly protects our Customers and HSBC from Financial Crime risk and enables HSBC to grow safely.
This role sits within Governance and Standards, which is one of the five sub functions within Compliance Analytics. This permanent, entry level role will be an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in Model Risk Governance, Policies & Oversight, Control Effectiveness and Strategy & Engagement, across the Compliance Analytics Function, wider COO teams and across Regional teams. This role provides a superb opportunity to support and gain experience wide broad area of capabilities and support Global initiatives.
We are looking for driven, creative individuals who want to gain experience in a globally recognised organisation helping to push the boundaries on how data science can solve problems and manage risk, policies, management actions plan, and projects in Compliance. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who wants to gain experience in Compliance, supporting truly Global initiatives in an exciting, collaborative and supportive environment. You will be supported throughout your entire journey, with a mixture of classroom learning, independent study and on the job training designed to build your foundations for a successful career within the HSBC Group.
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Interest in Data Science and Analytics
- Passion to work with people and numbers
- Creative thinking and attention to detail
- Organisational & Problem solving skills
- A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
- A natural innovation – able to bring ideas to the table
- Team player and an effective networker with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- A strong moral compass, comfortable speaking up if they see something which does not appear or feel to be right
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Passion to work with people and put customers at the heart of everything we do
- A methodical approach to work and learning
- The ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to translate complex terms or processes into simple, easily digestible formats
- Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
- 96 UCAS points at A’level or equivalent and a Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship.
Around the world, growth is bringing new prosperity; businesses are pioneering new trade routes; and new centres of wealth and influence are emerging. Throughout its history, HSBC employees have been dedicated to connecting customers to this growth, enabling business to thrive and economies to prosper. With 3,800 offices in 65 countries and territories, serving more than 38 million customers in both established and emerging markets, HSBC are well positioned to create sustainable growth whilst serving our customers.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.