HR Level 3 Apprenticeship at Rowans Hospice
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
HR Level 3 Apprenticeship
Level 3 HR Apprentice
Rowans Hospice Charity
Purbrook - this role is office based
£16-18,000.00 per year, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, 37.5 hours a week
Over 18 years old applicants only as the Charity deals with end of life care
DBS check is required before commencement of employment
Within the role you will work to briefs and instructions, it will also include:
- Demonstrating a professional, customer focused approach towards all service users both internally and externally to the Charity.
- Upholding the departments service level agreements.
- Being able to thrive in an environment where continuous improvement is expected and encouraged and to be able to operate with consistency when expectations change.
- Working with confidential information with the highest degree of integrity at all times and in line with GDPR.
- Inputting data into the HR system - CIPHR, including new starters’ details, training, appraisal information etc. Ensuring data input accuracy when maintaining a ‘real time’ information HR Database.
- Filing, photocopying, shredding and dealing with the incoming and outgoing post, and other general admin functions.
- Producing letters and other HR related correspondence under the guidance of the HR Advisor.
- Assisting with paperwork queries, checking paperwork to ensure that new employees meet legal requirements and policy requirements, and that all documentation is received.
- Assisting the HR Administrators with the recruitment process, including placing adverts, producing recruitment timetables, shortlisting and interview packs.
- Assisting the HR Administrators with the administration of training, including booking events, booking and cancelling delegates, producing monthly training reports, maintaining the training diary and co-ordinating trainer’s availability to produce new training calendars each year.
- With guidance from the HR Advisor, ensure that all people activities are delivered in line with best practice and employment law.
Training to be provided
- HR Support Apprenticeship Level 3
All apprentices will be required to apply directly to the CIPD for Student Membership, for which there is an annual fee. Without membership, students will not be able to achieve the CIPD qualification. For further details please go to: https://www.cipd.co.uk/membership. If successful you and the employer can discuss who will cover the membership fee.
College attendance is 4 hours on a Tuesday, we run two classes on that day: 1-5pm and 5-9pm, you and your employer can choose which one best fits the working pattern. These class hours come under your working hours. Attendance at College may be required to complete some parts of the knowledge units.
This training will not be interrupted by COVID-19 measures as we are teaching apprentices using Microsoft Teams when they are unable to attend college.
Apprentices build a portfolio of work and workplace assessors will be in regular contact to provide support, and to arrange on-site visits to observe the apprentices’ ability and skills in their daily role. It is important for the apprentice to take ownership of their own learning by seeking out opportunities to gain new skills on the job with the employer. Your assessor will liaise with you to set up mutually convenient times for consultation and assessment visits at your place of work.
Apprentices and employers will be enrolled on our award-winning e-Portfolio system “OneFile” to enable both parties to upload evidence of learning and to track progression through the programme.
It is a Government requirement for you to spend 20% of your apprenticeship working towards your “Off the Job Learning” – off the job learning can consist of college attendance, homework/coursework, project related work, employer training, mentoring, and coaching – plus a number of other tasks within the role.
The apprentice’s final grade will be determined by the collective assessments known as “the end point assessment”. The assessments include:
- A consultative project covering the knowledge, skills, and competence in your chosen options in a HR environment.
- Professional Discussion (Apprentice to demonstrate that they can apply the broad range of knowledge, skills and behaviours in the Standard).
- IT skills with a good working knowledge of word, excel, outlook and other applications.
- The ability to multi-task to meet goals and deadlines and to prioritise in order effectively meet goals and deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with a professional and friendly approach and a willingness to work collaboratively and as part of a team, but also able to use own initiative and to work alone.
- GCSE 9-4/A*-C in English, ICT and maths or Functional Skills Level 2 in all three
- Please show evidence of work experience on your CV, paid or voluntary
After successful completion of the apprenticeship Rowans Hospice would like to offer you a full-time position.
About Rowans Hospice
At Rowans Hospice we honour life and offer hope by providing specialist end of life care of the highest quality.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.