Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship (Little Munden Equestrian Ltd) at KEITS
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship (Little Munden Equestrian Ltd)
Daily duties will include working with our dedicated team to provide and maintain the highest standards of horse care and facilities.
Normal daily routine:
- 7.15am Feed, rug up and turn out
- Mucking out, hays, waters, maintenance of yard/facilities
- 12 to 1.15pm Lunch break
- Bring in, groom, riding and lunging, tacking up/untacking
- Hay, skip and feed
- 4.45pm finish
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, hard-working team. Within the role the successful candidate will be working toward a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Horse Care with further training and development available for the right candidate.
Dedicated time for training on each module plus the flexibility to give additional training should a specific situation arise which would provide our apprentice with increased levels of knowledge.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Equine Groom Standard
- Full training will be provided throughout the apprenticeship by the employer and KEITS
- Full support and training will be provided for any Functional Skills required
- Experience of handling horses and yard work
- Keen to learn and have good communication skills
- Be happy to take on new challenges
- A love of horses!
- Reliable, cheerful, willingness to learn, a team worker who understands that the job must still be done even if the weather is awful!
GCSE maths and English desirable but not essential.
Further training after Level 2 is completed.
Things to consider
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
Little Munden Equestrian is a 5* livery yard based on a 1000 acre private estate. We have been the highest rated BHS livery yard in Hertfordshire and North London since 2016. We offer full and exercise livery to 35 horses. Our previous apprentices have achieved exceptionally high levels of education and have gone on to find their dream jobs in the world of horses.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.