Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship (Sedgeway Equestrian) at KEITS
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship (Sedgeway Equestrian)
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated apprentice who is looking to further their horse care knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will work alongside existing staff and the owner, handling and caring for our horses.
A high standard of care and attention to detail will be expected to maintain the top class yard we pride ourselves on.
Yard duties will include:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging / long reigning
Training to be provided
- Full training will be provided to support the successful applicant through their Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
- Training will also be provided to support the learner through any Functional Skills required
- Good work ethic
- Good communication sills
- Must be experienced in handling horses - details must be given on your application
- Willing to learn
- Common sense
- Motivated to improve knowledge
GCSEs preferred but not essential, but the applicant should have basic key skills.
Completion of this apprenticeship should provide the applicant with a strong basis for a career in horses.
Things to consider
KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date, should the need arise.
Sedgeway Equestrian Centre is a competition and full livery yard based near Ely, Cambridgeshire. We have both eventing and dressage competition horses on site, as well as a yard of full liveries.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.