Canine Carer Level 2 Apprenticeship (Ipswich Dog Day Care Creche Ltd) at KEITS
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Canine Carer Level 2 Apprenticeship (Ipswich Dog Day Care Creche Ltd)
- Caring for dogs on a daily basis at our dog creche. We can have anything from 12 dogs to 25 dogs a day and we are still growing
- You will be responsible for providing fresh water at all times, cleaning up pees and poos, cleaning the creche clean and safe
- Providing games and stimulation for the dogs. Providing enrichment and activities for the dogs
- Supervising and controlling dogs
- Placing dogs into time out areas and puppy pen areas when they are too excited or need time to chill out
- Ensuring dogs of all ages and breeds receive the same attention and care. Its not just all about the puppies!
- Ensuring the best possible care and welfare of the dogs in your care at all times
- Positive reinforcement with all dogs
- Providing full flexibility to cover other colleague’s sickness or holidays. Short notice cover will be required from time to time
Training to be provided
- Full training towards Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Assistant apprenticeship and Functional Skills if required, to be given by KEITS and the employer
- Excellent communication skills
- Self- management
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Team Player
- Ability to work in harmony
- Compassion, Respectful, Trustworthy
- GCSE, or equivalents in maths & English preferred
- Potential to progress to management
Things to consider
- You will be on your feet most of the day and it can be quite hard work, but very rewarding
- KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
We are an independent dog day care facility based in Ipswich, Suffolk. We look after dogs from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. We help to socialise, enrich and stimulate every single dog in our care.
We also offer grooming at ‘Dollys Dog Grooming Spa’.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.