Production Apprenticeship Fast Track Wales
What to expect on your apprenticeship
During the scheme, you will get hands on training in exciting production areas whilst studying towards a Level 3 in Creative and Digital Media, which is delivered by the learning provider Sgil Cymru.
This year, the Wales Production apprenticeship scheme is offering placements in a variety of departments including:
- TV Drama
- TV Factual Entertainment and Music
- National Orchestra of Wales
- BBC Wales Sport
- Radio Wales
- Radio Cymru
- Education & Public Engagement
For most of our placements, Welsh language is not necessary and you can apply for these placements via the ‘Apply Now – Wales Production’.
However for the Radio Cymru placement, Welsh language is required. To apply for this placement, you must complete a separate application via 'Apply Now for Radio Cymru Welsh Language only' on our website.
You will have the opportunity to select your preferred department when you apply however you will still be considered for all areas.
Please refer to our website for info regarding the department areas.
What we look for
- We are not looking at qualifications- there is no academic entry requirement. We are focused on you having a passion and curiosity, whether that be for TV, Radio, Online/Digital and be motivated to learn the production process from start to finish.
- In your application, we want to hear about your hobbies, personal interests, skills or even work experience you may have, which has inspired you to take this next step!
- Do as much research as possible about our roles and the content we make. There is lots of resources out there to find out more about what we do.
- Be a great team player – on this scheme, you will be working on real programmes with our production teams, learning and gaining experience every day. Working in a professional environment you may be faced with some challenges along the way!
- Be flexible and adaptable due to the pace of work, learning and production demands – working at the BBC isn’t always a Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job.
Due to health and safety considerations, we cannot accept applications from individuals under the age of 18 at the time of the apprenticeship. There is no upper age limit.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14, 400 per year (pro-rated), followed by an annual increase .
- Level 3 Creative and Digital Media apprenticeship delivered by an experienced and established training provider - Sgil Cymru.
- 25 days holiday a year. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC and freelance production and technical staff.
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.