Accounting & Finance Level 3 Apprenticeship
What to expect on your apprenticeship
This apprenticeship will allow you to develop your skills and specialist knowledge in Accounting and Finance.
You will have the opportunity to virtually study over the duration of 2 years; the first 12 months studying for Level 3 (primary core modules including Advanced Bookkeeping, Final Accounts Preparation, Spreadsheets for Accounting) which will then enable progression onto a further 12 months - Level 4 programme (primary core modules ranging from Management Accounting: Costing and Ethics for Accountants). The academic element will be delivered by our Learning Provider: Cardiff and Vale College (CAVC).
This apprenticeship will allow you to deepen your knowledge in these areas and develop fundamental competencies which will assist in furthering your understanding of Accounting and Finance and developing your future career/career pathway. As part of this apprenticeship, you will be based within BBC Group Finance department in Cardiff and you will have an opportunity to work with workstream teams such as Financial Operations, Financial Reporting and Treasury Operations. This experience is geared to developing your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in accordance with the apprenticeship standards.
On successful completion of your apprenticeship not only will you gain a Level 3 AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting and a Level 4 AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting but you will also become a permanent member of our Group Finance Central team in Cardiff.
What we look for
This apprenticeship is for those wanting to develop their skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a Finance career and gain an AAT Advance Diploma in Accounting upon completion of the Level 3 programme. In addition, an AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting, as well as an Institute of Apprenticeship Pass Certification upon completion of Level 4 programme.
Does this sound like the scheme for you? Here is what we are looking for"
- Must have English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C (4) or above (or equivalent).
- Must have successful completion of AAT Level 2 - Foundation Certificate in Accounting (without this – applications will not be considered).
- Must have an interest and passion to develop a career in Finance.
- Love numbers and have an ability to tackle any numerical challenges.
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working in a team.
- Be an organised self-starter who can manage their own workload.
- Enjoy solving problems and suggesting new ideas/ways of working.
- Able to work flexibly with a focus on meeting deadlines and high standards.
- Have a good eye for detail.
What are we offering?
- A starting salary of £14,400 per year (pro-rated), followed by an annual increase.
- 25 days holiday a year with an option to buy or sell days to suit you. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Gold-standard industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC staff.
- A Finance-based mentor to support and guide you during your training.
- A defined contributions pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- A permanent position following the successful completion of your apprenticeship working at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
About the BBC
Be part of something special. Join the BBC.
The BBC is the world’s leading public service broadcaster. Funded primarily through the television licence fee, the BBC provides audiences in the UK with high quality and distinctive services across television, radio and online. In the UK the BBC provides 10 network television services, 10 network radio services, 46 radio services in the nations and regions of the UK, plus an extensive online presence. The BBC also delivers impartial news and information to audiences around the globe through the World Service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.