Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Manchester at Opcare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Manchester
Workshop Manager, dotted line to Centre Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities & tasks will include:
- Interpretation and basic understanding of prosthetic and/or orthotic information (e.g. prescriptions or work orders) supplied by the Clinician
- Undertake daily repairs and adjustments using a wide range of appropriate materials and tools
- Manufacture and repair as appropriate component limbs incorporating regular use of a variety of hand tools
- Ensure that finished products comply with any associated Measure Charts, manufacturer’s instructions etc.
- Prepare to receive training in all core skills and areas of production
- Work towards completion of apprenticeship and relevant training portfolios and necessary documentation
- Demonstrate appropriate conduct within the working environment
- To be professional and polite at all times to your co-workers, customers, and multidisciplinary team.
- To demonstrate a flexible approach to a variety of tasks to be completed in the workshop
- To demonstrate commitment to providing quality patient care
- Keep workbench and tools maintained in a clean and safe condition
- To make a proactive contribution to the service contract and the company
- Ensure that internal confidential information is kept confidential from external sources unless permission is granted by senior centre management
- Support the tertiary functions of the workshop e.g. storeroom function
- Ensuring correct materials / components are issued for the job and that appropriate tools are available
- Book in / out materials as required for work assigned
- Complete and maintain production and inspection records as required
- Ensure adequate identification of work at all stages is maintained at all times
- Ensure manufacturing activities are undertaken in compliance to company / site H&S and Quality procedures & regulations
- Internal - Workshop Manager, Centre Operations Manager; Prosthetic / Orthotic staff, DQA, Stores Staff, Administration Staff
- External - NHS Customer & Staff; Patients; Suppliers
- Policies and Procedures - Ensure you are fully conversant with the relevant policies and procedures of the Ability Matters Group
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the Company’s Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Policy and Procedures
- Confidentiality - Ensure confidentiality of sensitive or internal business matters in accordance with your contract of employment
Although the above job description contains the main elements of your duties, from time to time you will receive further instructions as to the nature of your responsibilities.
Due to the ever changing and developing nature of the Company's business, your obligations/duties will inevitably also vary and develop over time throughout the term of your apprenticeship.
The company reserves the right at any time during your employment to require you to undertake duties, which are reasonable and fall within your capabilities.
You will be traveling to South & City College Birmingham - Bounville Campus very 7th Week for 1 full week for your college course throughout the apprenticeship programme. The employer will be paying for your travel and accommodation when you visit College
Training to be provided
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will be traveling to South & City College Birmingham - Bournville Campus every 7th week for 1 full week for your college course. The employer will be paying for your travel and accommodation when you visit College.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to effectively operate appropriate IT systems
- An eagerness and enthusiasm to learn
- Confidence to ask for guidance
- Self-motivated and able to work under supervision
- An awareness of the importance of confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Ability to act with a degree of discreetness and diplomacy at all times
- A willingness to undergo training and development
- Team player
- Interested in engineering
- Calm & patient
- Willing to learn
- Keen to learn
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Engineering level 1 or 2 (or equivalent) will be advantage but not essential
You will be considered for a permanent position upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
Due to the nature of this role you will need to be prepared to undertake manual work including lifting and standing for periods of time. Some of the tasks are repetitive however, every product is unique and therefore you will need to stay motivated and concentrated on each task to ensure quality is maintained.
You must be prepared to work in an engineering workshop.
A DBS check will also be done.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About Opcare Ltd
Opcare are innovators. We embrace and lead change in this industry sector. We were the first company to:
- Be awarded a recognised BSI quality standard in 1992 which is the equivalent to the ISO Quality Standards used today
- Be awarded a quality standard specific for medical devices or ISO 13485 and we are still the only service provider to have obtained this rigorous quality benchmark
- Design and develop our own bespoke computer system to enhance service process management and to link into NHS IT
- Bring CADCAM technology to the UK
- Introduce the Clinical Support Technician role
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.