Commis Chef - Commis Chef/Kitchen Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship at Tamesis Dock
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Commis Chef - Commis Chef/Kitchen Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Fill in the HACCP sheets on a thrice daily basis (sometimes more) as is required by HACCP
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen to the highest standards
- Maintain cleanliness throughout a shift
- Record cleaning activity in the daily, weekly and monthly sheets ensuring it’s thoroughly done
- Check for rodent activity and record this
- Assist chefs with food preparation & plating
- Rotate stock and label food in the fridges
- Close the kitchen down to the highest standards
Training to be provided
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- On-demand test
- Culinary challenge observation
- Business project
- Professional discussion
- HACCP knowledge
- Organisational skills
- Understanding allergens (preferred)
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Hard- working
- Time management
- Passion for great quality food
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths, English and ICT.
The qualifications and experience gained on this Apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector.
Things to consider
Evening and weekend availability is required. Shift patterns may vary. Helping with deliveries and moving heavy objects might be required.
About Tamesis Dock
Tamesis Dock is a permanently moored (sometimes) floating neighbourhood bar, live music & events space. We offer food, drinks and great vibes on a quirky, unique and colourful 1930s converted Dutch Barge.
We offer fresh handmade pizzas and a variety of drinks from cocktails to pints. Tamesis Dock and her sister vessel, The Battersea Barge hosts a wide range of events and live music including bands such as Bastille and Local Natives as well as Brit Award after parties, comedy nights, theatre and weddings.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.