Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship at Cumbria County Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship
You will be involved in a range of activities including maintenance, inspection and repair of carriageways and footways, bridges and structures, drainage and winter maintenance including:
- Working on the public highway, repairing road/footway surfaces, laying drainage, placing street iron works, kerbs, pavements, installing vehicle safety fencing on highways, excavating and repairing.
- Carrying out a range of duties connected with the monitoring, repair, maintenance and new construction of the highways.
Training to be provided
As a Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative apprentice within Cumbria County Council you will receive:
- High quality training and development opportunities
- Personalised support from managers and mentors
- The opportunity to work alongside skilled and experienced staff gaining valuable job specific and transferable skills that will support you in your future career
- Training sessions will be held one day per week with Gen2 at one of their training centres to gain:
- Highways Maintenance Skilled Operative Apprenticeship and Functional Skills in English and Maths if required.
Communication skills,IT skills,Customer care skills,Listening and Observation,Time management,Organisation and Planning,See Apprenticeship Description
Other Good standard of English and Maths (Grade No minimum grade) Desired
Following the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme many of our apprentices have moved on to either a higher level apprenticeship or have secured permanent employment with the council or other employers and have embarked on an exciting career pathway. Whilst there is no guarantee that a position would become available at the end of your apprenticeship, Cumbria County Council works in partnership with other organisations throughout the county to maximise the opportunities that are available to apprentices. The skills you learn and the qualifications gained will be transferable to other roles either within the County Council or with other employers.
Things to consider
Please thoroughly read ALL information in the Cumbria County Council advert and Apprenticeship Description and ensure that your application meets the essential criteria, demonstrating skills, personal qualities and behaviours. CVs will not be considered. Please note details of aptitude testing, eligibility checks, interview dates and medical.
About Cumbria County Council
With almost 7000 employees, Cumbria County Council is one of the biggest employers in Cumbria. We work right across the county providing a massive range of services including schools, libraries, social care, fire and rescue, waste management and highways to name but a few. An apprenticeship with us will open a door to a career you might not even have thought of and we'll support you to get there. You can make a positive difference to the people and communities within Cumbria.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.