Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship at Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Your role is to provide a helpful and customer focused first line support for end user problems. A wealth of experience and knowledge in the IT sector will be passed down with the aim to develop the best possible IT support technician.
Your IT Apprenticeship Responsibilities:
- Providing first line support for the IT and Communication systems as part of a three-tier support process dealing with calls, diagnosing faults, resolving issues in a helpful, timely manner
- Recording of the contact with the Helpdesk, by telephone, email or in person, including fault resolutions
- Keeping accurate records and ensure that all contact to the helpdesk is logged and solutions are kept for future reference.
- Keeping accurate and up to date records of the IT and communications inventory and track movements of equipment and software licences.
- Managing the escalation of calls to second line support and where necessary, liaising with third party providers to pass on support issues to them under the agreed SLAs, this may include return or repair of faulty items.
- Liaising with third party organisations to ensure faults with equipment and systems are rectified within the terms of their SLA’s
- Performing hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems, applications and testing new hardware.
IT Qualifications you will gain:
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- CIW Internet Business Associate
- MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Coding and Logic
Become an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice and kickstart your digital career today!
Training to be provided
You will do 80% of your training in the company we place you in. 10% will be independent training, guided learning and monthly tutor sessions in the workplace. The other 10% will be classroom-based training in either our Manchester or Liverpool centres.
- Level 3 - Infrastructure technician
- Functional Skills if required
- An ability to support MS Operating systems
- A knowledge of MS Office applications
- An ability to produce and communicate basic and detailed written information including Helpdesk updates
- A knowledge of health and safety as it is applicable to the job role
- You must be committed to attending one day per week apprenticeship training at training provider location
- An ability to verbally communicate clearly, helpfully and effectively
- An ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
4 GCSEs or equivalents at 7 - 4/A - C, one of which should be English Language or an equivalent e.g. level 2 in literacy, EDCL or BTEC National Certificate
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be instilled with the knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to embark on a meaningful and rewarding career.
About Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service's aim is to make Lancashire safer. They seek to do this by delivering prevention, protection and emergency response services; using their trusted position in the community to influence the wider safety of people. They work in partnership with other organisations who have shared objectives.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.